Sunday 24 July 2016

SoCS - 23/7/16 - Second

If you would like to take part click here to visit Linda's site for all the details and the links of other bloggers taking part.

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “second” Use it anyway you see fit.  Have fun!

A day late to the party but here's my effort:

I can be quite competitive when I put my mind to things.  Not in things such as races but I hate to give up on things and I love solving puzzles.  Word puzzles, number puzzles, picture puzzles, I'm an addict.

Second came into my vocabularly the first time I took school exams.  First year juniors.  We took tests in all our subjects and were given an overall score and a position in class.  I had no idea how well I could do so I was pleasantly surprised to come second.  Of course I vowed to do better.  And I did.  During my time in junior school I came first every other time apart from the time when I had mumps and wasn't in school.  Apparently one of the other mums commented to mine she was glad I was ill as it would give the other children a chance!  I discoverd being clever wasn't such a blessing and it was, in some ways, a relief to get to secondary school and find myself amongst a lot of clever kids so I didn't stand out.

Now of course I'm happy to come second thanks to the joy of having a husband and family to put first.  

 

3 comments:

  1. I keep on forgetting about this meme...have a beautiful day friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always an interesting exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an honest post. Thanks for sharing, Wendy. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.