Wednesday 26 April 2017

U is for Underline...A-Z Challenge 2017

My theme for the 2017 challenge is waffling on about random words!

That might not seem like a theme but if you read on you’ll discover it’s not quite as random as it sounds.  The words were generated using a word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/) and I opted for 4 words each day.  I might focus on one or try and incorporate them all into the post.

Choosing the words this way has given me a challenge and a common thread to my posts but it has also allowed me to be myself and just waffle!  It’s what I’m good at.  (Don’t worry, I’m aiming for around 500 words per post so hopefully you won’t get stuck here for too long 😉)

And the words for today are….

Underline
Unfair
Upset
Unpleasant 

I need to underline how tired I am and how hard it is keeping up with everything right now. But actually it's unfair of me to whinge and whine when I consider not only what my daughter and her wife are going through but also the other parents of babies in the NICU.  Some of them were even more premature than my grandson and are not progressing as well.

It's still hard though.  I was quite upset yesterday, I think everything just caught up with me.  I was trying to sort out what to have for my regular ladies lunch which it was my turn to host.  Plus we have a busy weekend coming up.  I had a real I feel sorry for me moment.  I just want to be able to cuddle Nathan and I can't - yet!  

Anyway I had a cry on hubby's shoulder and then just got on with things!

The lunch went well, courtesy of Tesco.  The chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and wrapped in proscuitto were delicious and the veg which I just threw in the oven and microwave were fine too.  Dips and pitta bread for starter and then tiramisu and lemoncelli for dessert and we were all nicely full.  Washed down with a glass or two of wine and lots of good conversation.  I hated being so unadventurous and not really cooking but of course my friends were understanding so it was fine.

Today we have been to my daughter's house and delivered a baby changing unit to them.  We also took away a chest of drawers they no longer need and delivered it to one of our nephews.  He did offer to collect it from us but with visitors due at the weekend I do not need an extra piece of furniture in the way.  We also planted some plants in a raised bed that was empty.  Hopefully this will show the cat who has just started going outside that this bed is not a nice giant litter tray!

Our house will definitely be crowded at the weekend.  We are hosting the aunt and uncle of my American DIL who lives with us.  They arrive on Thursday and stay until Monday.  They will be in our recently redecorated guest room.

We will also have my other son and his wife and their two greyhounds from Friday to Monday as he is running a half-marathon race near here on Sunday.  They will have to make do with an air bed on the lounge floor sharing the space with the dogs!

It's going to be cosy!  But hopefully not unpleasant.  I've also got a tall gate on order to be picked up on Thursday so that we can corral the dogs in the utility area off the kitchen while we prepare and eat food.  It's really just a small lobby leading from the kitchen to the downstairs shower room but it's just about big enough for the two dogs to lay down in.  Hopefully with just a gate between us and them they will be ok about being there.

Apologies to anyone finding their way here from the A-Z challenge as you won't have a clue what's going on here.  An early arrival of my first grandson on 31st March has impacted considerably on my A-Z posts.  But I'm determined to get to the end.  How many days to go? 

What’s your favourite meal to cook for guests?  Or would you rather go out to eat?

2 comments:

  1. Well, that would put through a wrench in anyone's plans! I hope your grandson becomes healthy so he can leave the hospital. It's a very stressful situation and it looks like you are handling it well. Good wishes and think good thoughts. Sending rainbows your way! Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great. Despite the unplanned and unpleasant things. I am glad you had a shoulder to cry on.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.