Wednesday 19 July 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 19/7/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at

Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. Growing up, were you close to your grandparents? Tell us one or two specific things you remember about them.
I only knew my Mum’s parents and they lived close by so I saw a lot of them when I was little.  I remember the dog they had which was quite a handful.  I also remember them having rabbits and being horrified when I discovered they weren’t keeping them as pets! My Grandmother also had quite a stubborn streak and could be quite selfish.  She would always cook her main meal at lunchtime and eat it alone and then my Grandfather had his reheated when he got home from work at the end of the day.
2. What's an item you were attached to as a child? What happened to it?
I had a teddy bear that I was very attached to .  Regrettably it became rather threadbare and I’m not sure where it is now.
3. When you look out your window, do you see the forest or the trees (literally and figuratively)? Explain.
I see trees but not a forest in reality and I think figuratively.  I can usually get to the point of things and be decisive when I have to.
4. Do you like sour candies? Which of the 'sour' foods listed below would you say is your favorite?
grapefruit, Greek yogurt, tart cherries, lemons, limes, sauerkraut, buttermilk, or kumquats 
No, no and nooooo.  I’m a sweet person.
Have you ever eaten a kumquat? What's your favorite dish containing one of the sour foods on the list?
A lemon citron tart or Key Lime pie.  (But I’d much prefer Tiramisu or Banoffee pie!)
5. July 1st marked the mid point of 2017. In fifteen words or less, tell us how it's going so far.
Started poorly but improving every day as our Grandson grows stronger.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Our year is definitely improving as this little one gets bigger.

 He'll be 16 weeks on Friday so that's 5 weeks corrected.  He's more alert and just starting to get the hang of smiling.  Which is probably a good thing as he's still not giving his Mummies much sleep!


6 comments:

  1. I had a teddy bear when I was very, very small. I took it for Show and Tell, and I think someone stole it! I was absolutely heartbroken! That's something I would love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little grand fellow is a cutie, and am sure his Mum would like a full night's sleep....how well I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a precious little grandson!! enjoyed your HodgePodge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a grandma !! Mine always gave the biggest part of meat (when there was any) to my grandpa because he worked and she stayed home !
    That's very annoying that little Nathan doesn't sleep well, does he eat enough food ? sometimes they cry because they are hungry or maybe he has to eat often and eats little because he is still so tiny. As you say poor mummies !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear your grandson is growing stronger.
    Wonderful news.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little guy is so handsome. I'm glad he's doing well and growing stronger every day. He looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.