Saturday 19 August 2017

#SOCS - 19/8/17 - Pants!

 

This is the shiny new badge for Stream of Consciousness Saturday.  Congratualations to J-Dubs for winning the design competition.

If you'd like to take part in SoCS here's the link to all the details.  It's hosted by Linda at Life in Progress.
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “pant” Use the word “pant” as is, or find a word with “pant” in it and base your post on it. Have fun!

Well I'm late to the party as it's been a busy day but when I saw the prompt I just had to post about the pants I bought today.  I  recently bought a couple of new bras in one of my favourite stores (Marks & Spencer) but although they quoted that matching pants were available there were none to be found in the Westfield Branch.

Today I was in Ilford and after browsing for some holiday bits and then getting sucked into buying some cute outfits for my Grandson, I wandered into the lingerie department and ...there were the matching pants!

But it gets better.  When the assistant rang them up on the till she advised me that, despite no indication of it, the pants were in the sale.  They had been reduced from £8 to 79p.  Yes, you read that correctly, 79 pence.  The only problem?  They are non returnable.  I think I can afford to take the risk that, despite their pants always fitting, if they don't fit, or fall apart after the first wash I cannot take them back.  It would cost be more than 79p to get back to the store.

However, I will not be modelling them and posing for a picture.  You will just have to imagine what 79p pants look like.

4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT bargain!! Sure wish we could see them! I've never been so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I might snap the pants but definitely not with me in them! lol

      Delete
  2. Giggling... well that's a pants story that's not pants!
    I was just thinking about that word pants today. You Brits use pants as the abridged version of underpants. We Aussies still call trousers pants, and abbreviate underpants to undies.. i wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? We call them various things just to confuse people, pants, knickers, briefs plus some I probably shouldn't put here lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.