Thursday 21 September 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 20/9/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. What's something you'd rate a 10/10? Tell us why.
Being a Grandparent.  I’m probably boring you all silly with it but I am loving it.  I’d like to say you get all the best bits of having a baby without all the horrible stuff but of course in Nathan’s case that wasn’t true in the early days.  Those were worrying times but now it’s lovely watching him grow and develop and seeing the relationship develop with his Mummies.  I babysat him for the first time yesterday (see here for the full details) and I had a great time, mainly because he made it very easy for me.  I might have to curb my spending impulses a little bit though otherwise he could bankrupt me!
2. What job would you be terrible at? What makes you think so?
Anything to do with selling.  I’d find it hard approaching people and convincing them to buy anything.
3. When did you last take a fall? What's something you're falling for (in a good way) these days?
I think the last time I really fell was 2 years ago – I was out walking and tripped on a paving slab and went flat on my face.  I scraped my knees and elbows but a woman saw me fall and kindly let me into her house to clean up. 
Falling for in a good way?  Maybe Pilates?  I enjoyed my first class last week and I’ve signed up to go again this Friday.
4. According to the Travel Channel here are some of America's best fall festivals-
National Apple Harvest Festival (near Arendtsville PA, close to Gettysburg), Harvest on the Harbor (Portland Maine), German Village Festival (Columbus Ohio), Wellfleet Oyster Fest (Cape Cod), and Wine and Chile Fiesta (Santa Fe NM)
Have you ever been to any of the festivals listed? Which one appeals to you most? Does your hometown have any sort of fall celebration, and if so will you make it a point to attend?
Never been to any of those and of course they are too far away for me!  Our local festival is in the summer but there’s usually a firework display in November that we sometimes attend.
5. What is your goodbye message to summer?
Come back soon!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Well I’m here a day late (you all know where I was yesterday!) and I feel like my whole week has been on a catch up basis. But that’s such a minor thing to worry about when I listen to the news.
So many awful things happening and they make me so aware that I have so much to be thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. Being a grandparent is one of life's greatest blessings so it is perfectly okay if you gush a little bit. In fact I think it's a requirement otherwise they take away your grandparent card.
    Regarding my Random Thought, I believe that we need to be responsible in the exercise of our free speech right. We can't yell FIRE in a crowded room. We also cannot engage in slander or libel. I believe we need to be responsible in the exercise of all of our rights.
    Thanks for visiting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. swimming over from the hodgepodge so agree with jobs sale(s) I am a parent to furbabies, but have great nieces and nephews who are my pride and joy, I am now following you and love your blog
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your answers and many responded that grand-parenting is a 10/10! I can agree with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one and only time I babysitted Toby when he was maybe 2 month old, he slept the whole time ! I didn't have to try out my baby skills ! For the moment we don't have apple festivals that was in August now it's the pumpkin turn ! Each weekend somewhere, but it's always very nice ! Very folklore !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to any of those festivals, but the apple one reminds me of autumn growing up and going to this apple farm nearby to have apple cider and freshly made cinnamon donuts. Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.