It's late here on Friday but I'm determined to take part this week. Susanne reminds us each Friday to look back on the week and share our blessings. The link up is here.
1) Company at the weekend. My eldest son and his family were here and we also had one of my husband's sisters (and her husband) here for lunch on the Saturday. We were trying to plan ahead for our extended family get together next week.
2) Planning ahead. I volunteered to take a pasta sauce for the second night of our get together so today I have made the first batch.
3) Cooler weather and some rain this week. It's made things so much easier around the house.
4) Easy meals. Because I needed space in the freezer for the pasta sauce we've been using things in the freezer for our dinners this week which means Hubby hasn't had to do as much cooking.
5) Internet shopping. There were a few things I needed this week which I managed to get on Amazon, including these:
The blades rotate when switched on and they keep flies away from your food. I'm sure they're going to come in handy next week and at home. I also got a home delivery this morning of the ingredients I needed for the pasta sauce plus some other items we needed here. It saved me a trip to the supermarket.
We have my daughter's children here tomorrow morning so I'm also thankful that I haven't got a Foodbank delivery to take in. Then on Sunday my son and his boys are coming down from Nottingham by train and we will take them to the holiday house on Tuesday with us in the car. My DIL will join us on Friday after work.
I'm thankful to be able to help the kids out when we can. We had a laundry thing going on earlier in the week as my daughter's washing machine wasn't working properly. Thankfully that's all fixed now.
Have a good weekend all.
Family!! Such a blessing, Wendy!! Enjoy every minute! Your pasta sauce looks yummy! Share the fun with us, please!! xo
ReplyDeleteA busy week for you! And all good stuff. Let us know how the fly gadgets work out, sounds clever.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to have company over the weekend and to make plans for the family get together. Yum, I do love banana loaf and my girls have always been crazy about it. Have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week
ReplyDeleteLovely to see the family especially the grandkids but I must admit I am enjoying my first kid free weekend of the summer holidays.
ReplyDeleteA family gathering—how wonderful.
ReplyDeleteIt’s great to prepare something in advance to make the effort involved in the get-together a bit easier.
I really ought to bake banana bread sometime; I bake bread all the time, yet I’ve never actually made banana bread :-))
Best regards,
Happy Sunday
The family get-together sounds lie it's going to be fun! What a great idea to have different ones cook different nights. Our weather is a bit cooler, too--makes such a difference.
ReplyDeleteDo tell us if the bug fan works. I like the idea.
ReplyDeleteYou have me hungry for banana bread. :-)
Hi Wendy, a busy week is good, especially with grands. I love banana bread and need to make some this fall. I don't even want to be in the kitchen right now. We will be in the 100's all week. I have been so busy I forgot to post my link and I am just getting around now. Enjoy the rest of your week!
ReplyDeleteI did a lot of cooking for our recent family camping trip. I'm sure the pasta sauce will be delicious and everyone will enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteJust to tell you that I am back ! I finally managed to win the war between Boogle
ReplyDeleteGlogger and me ! Updates are complicated so many security inventions !