1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to mind?
The crunch of leaves underfoot.
2. Is a trip to the mountains something you enjoy? What's your favorite mountain?
I probably would but there aren't that many mountains in the UK.
3. What's something that once felt like a mountain, but is now just a molehill?
Moving house seemed like a huge thing to do at the time but once I broke it down into to do lists it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
- pumpkin spice latte or chai latte Neither thank you
- apple cider or hot chocolate
- stew or chili
- sweet potato casserole or green bean casserole
- butternut squash soup or creamy mushroom soup
- cranberry sauce or gravy
5. Sum up your September in a sentence or two.
We had a birth (a baby girl for our niece and her partner) and a wedding (our nephew Felix and his wife Alexia) but thankfully no funerals.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I've never been a coffee drinker and none of the special flavours that come around during the year tempt me. I'm the same with tea. I just like an ordinary black tea with milk. None of the fruit flavours or thing like camomile or earl grey thank you. Talking of tea, it must be time to put the kettle on!
Joyce provides the Hodgepodge questions each week. Thank you Joyce. The link up to other bloggers taking part is here.
I'm the same way with my coffee. I like mine strong and black. I don't like added flavors or sweeteners. The coffee or tea needs to speak for itself.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers, Wendy!! I'm a coffee drinker and prefer it black and strong. I drink iced tea all the time, but hot tea, not so much. When I do, I prefer it sweetened but no milk! I always enjoy my visits here!! xo
ReplyDeleteI don't like flavored coffees or creams but I do love a cup of Earl Grey. Is that considered flavored? Moving is definitely a mountain-ha! It's one that's surmountable, but there's a lot of sweat involved. Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteI struggled with the mountain question too. We don't have enough here in England. lol
ReplyDeleteWhen we moved I made such a mountain over it but looking back now it was nothing more than a molehill.
What a wonderful September with all those things to celebrate!
I like a good strong cup of coffee but i'm a coffee snob. Certain flavors yes. Pumpkin in drinks? a big NO NO NO!!!! My current fave blend is Starbucks' Sunsera coffee. SO good. Not bitter at all...nice and smooth and bright.
ReplyDeleteI like herbal teas but can't have anything with lavender in it. My fave herbal tea is apple cinnamon or cinnamon vanilla by Stash. My oldest daughter knows tea and would live in England if she could (Of course both girls love coffee too and are snobs about their coffee like their mama! ha!)
oh i could NOT live where there are no mountains although England and exploring it along with Ireland, Scotland an Wales is on our bucket list. Dave has worked in England in the past and our niece lives in Scotland.
I want to hike up ben Nevis. I think i have that right.
You would definitely enjoy Ben Nevis in Scotland, Snowdon in Wales and Scafell Pike in England. People often do that as a 3 peak challenge.
DeleteNo mountains in the UK ? I remember Northern Ireland and Scotland with beautiful mountains ! I hate gravy !! it's put on all dishes (or nearly) I prefer without sauce, it tastes all the same. In my age range more and more friends disappear or are also in retirement homes, that's life, even amongst my blogfriends there are less and less. But new once come too !
ReplyDeleteYes we do have mountains, I just don't think they're as impressive as other countries.
DeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI am ready for tea too. :-)
I like a good black tea with a bit of honey.
I agree with your #3!!
Happy October!!
xo