Pages

▼

Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 7/10/26





Joyce provides the questions each week. We compile our answers then the link up is here. Thanks Joyce.

1. Let's embrace it shall we? What's something you recently forgot to do? Is your memory these days more like a sieve or an elephant?

Well my memory is probably definitely not quite as good as it used to be. One thing that I often forget is to check our HelloFresh subscription. (Meal delivery plan with recipes and ingredients.) We don't tend to have it delivered every week so I have to remember to go in and skip the weeks when we don't want the food and also pick the recipes we'd like. I'm usually ok with skipping weeks but we often get a surprise with regard to the meals as they're the company's choices and not ours. Makes me try different things though so not all bad.

2. Share a trick/strategy you have to help you remember things you need to remember.

I do rely on my phone a lot with reminders, alarms etc although I do have a calendar on the wall and a diary too. We have a small white board on our fridge for noting down things we need to buy and I take a photo of that before going shopping rather than writing out a list.

3. What's your favourite fall vegetable to cook with? Do you prefer your fall veggies roasted, blended into a warm soup, or fresh in a crisp autumn salad?

Hard to pick a favourite vegetable but I do like roasted veg and soups but not so much a salad once it turns colder.

4. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day. Did you? If so tell us about it. Or maybe someone did something nice for you, and if that's the case please share.

Hmm that was Monday and a very ordinary day here. I did get my breakfast made for me but Hubby does that most days so he doesn't need a National Day to do something nice. That day needs to be repeated - daily!

5. Nathaniel Hawthorne is credited with the quote "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."

Do you tend to spend more time outside this time of year?

I probably don't as it can often be wet. It's raining as I'm writing this and I think that after the long hot summer we've had (often too hot to be outside) we're probably going to get a lot of days like this but I do try and get out and walk when I can especially if it is dry and sunny.

Do you actively pause to soak in fleeting moments of beauty in your daily routine? Elaborate.

I would say no. When I'm out walking I probably do but during the day I'm either busy doing chores or if I'm relaxing it would be reading or another hobby keeping me occupied. Although I do enjoy seeing a colourful sunset through our kitchen window.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Thinking about the "Do something nice day" made me think about something we were often told when growing up - "If you don't have anything nice to say keep quiet!" I don't always remember that lol.

9 comments:

  1. Well if you're on social media you'll probably agree lots of people have forgotten that little saying : ) I'm hoping to make a soup this week. I need to plan some meals and have been a bit lazy in that department this summer. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Your random has me smiling. I was told the same.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We’re supposed to get some rain here in SoCal soon when our heat tsunami breaks. Cheers to autumn!🍂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a pot roast last week and half of the beef I froze so I am looking forward to making a vegetable beef soup soon. It's been hot here but "they" are telling us, 70's come the weekend and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a food delivery subscription service at one time. After forgetting to skip weeks (as needed) several times, I finally just canceled. Guess my memory cost me there - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! I order my Gousto box every week as a one off box as when I subscribed I used to do the same and forget to skip. It is fun to try things we wouldn't normally though.
    I thought the same about salad, it's not a cold weather food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we were all told "..if you can't say something nice, don't say anything" by our moms!! Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge and I enjoyed your answers, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of familiar answers there. A friend of mine always goes out of her way to find something positive to say to people she meets. A comment about their jewellery, make up, clothes, smile always has a positive reaction from the recipient. I need to take a leaf out of her book.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.