And I'm a day late....again!
I am actually struggling a bit at the moment. Tests indicate I haven't had Covid but I've definitely had something for the last couple of weeks. I am still struggling with a cough and generally feeling under the weather and...it's been a full on Christmas. Today is the first day that we haven't got any company here or anywhere to be so I'm definitely resting and trying to recharge my batteries.
But, as always, there is lots to be thankful for so a big shout out to our host Susanne for reminding us every week to sit and reflect. Find out more here.
1. A lunch with friends on the Monday leading up to Christmas. It was my turn to host our "Ladies Lunch" and I really enjoyed catching up with my friends as I'd missed the last one. I'd made an effort with my cooking but nearly had a disaster with the main course - I was layering the food into a large round pyrex dish when I knocked it and the whole thing broke in half! Cue total chaos and panic for a few minutes as I scrambled to salvage everything. Fortunately I coped and my friends are the sort that when they arrived mid chaos they were all keen to pitch in and help so I'm extra grateful for friends that I don't have to stand on ceremony for.
2. More motivation this year - I actually made a Christmas pudding, a Christmas cake, mince pies and sausage rolls. I'm usually relying on shop bought ones but it was good to be productive even if at one point I didn't think the cake would get iced!
3. A lovely family Christmas. We had my daughter and youngest son and their families here on Christmas day and they all stayed over for boxing day. Our other son and his family arrived late on Boxing day and stayed until yesterday so of course it was lovely having all the family together. They were all here on Thursday and we just about managed to get a picture of all the grandchildren together:
|They do like playing a game together.|
|Ella was not going to sit with all those boys on her own!|
|The television provided a way of calming them down lol.|
4. A pantomime trip - on Wednesday Nanny and Grandpa took the 3 older grandsons to see Aladdin at a local theatre. (We took one parent of each too!)
They all seemed to enjoy it and it wasn't too scary for them. Not sure Grandpa was fully engaged though lol.
5) A get together with extended family yesterday. We met up at the social club we're members of. It was lovely to see most of hubby's siblings and some of their families in a nice relaxed environment.
And that's Christmas done for another year!
We will probably do our usual thing of staying home and watching a countdown to the New Year on the TV tonight.
I hope you all had a lovely festive time and wish you all a Happy New Year!