If you want to join in or check out the other participants pop over to our host Suzanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story
1) A meal out with hubby. We went to an Italian Trattoria in the Queen Elizabeth Park (Olympic park). The kids were out and it was a spur of the moment decision. We got the bus into Stratford and then walked through the park to the restaurant. For once I remembered to take some photos although not until we were half way through our shared starter:
|Pizzetta with mozzarella, broccoletti & sausage|
|Potato gnocchi with radicchio, Naples sausage and white truffle oil|
2) The generosity of spirit people have. As we walked back to the station after our meal we passed hundreds of people who were doing a night walk in aid of Dementia sufferers. There have been a number of memory walks organised by the UK's Alzheimer's Society. Of course this is a cause close to my heart as both my Mum and her sister succumbed to this awful disease in recent years. Support for these, and many other charitable events is amazing, especially when everyone is starting to feel the effects of our Government's austerity measures. I didn't get any pics of the walkers but I did snap this poor quality pic of the London stadium and The Orbit.
3) A good report on my brother's health status. He has been undergoing treatment for myeloma which has been successful and he's been told they will now go ahead with a stem cell transplant. This will give him a better chance of staying in remission for longer. Thank goodness for our NHS.
4) Lunch with my former work colleagues on Monday. It's been a while since our previous lunch so it was good to catch up.
5) A quiet week overall - managed to get quite a bit of reading done!
Have a good weekend.