It's Friday again so time to pause and look back on the week and then share our posts over at Susanne's site here.
1) Well I've posted an autumn picture above but it's been like mid summer here the last few days - we've hit temps around 30 degrees C and I am so glad that a) we have fans and b) that there is usually a part of the house that keeps cool. I've also made use of the hand held fans that I bought earlier in the summer. It hasn't made sleeping easy though.
2) Being able to cope with sick grandchildren. Yesterday we were scheduled to babysit Nathan and Ella while my daughter and DIL went out for a meal and to the theatre. We collected Nathan from school and went back to their house and he didn't seem very well but we put it down to the heat. He was really hot so DIL gave him some medicine to hopefully bring down his temp. Anyway DIL left to meet up with our daughter and no sooner had she gone than he was really sick. Thankfully we've spent so much time with Nathan we were able to cope with him not being well and get Ella to bed and although there were lots of messages between us and their parents during the evening I'm glad that they were able to get to see the play and it didn't totally spoil their evening. Theatre tickets in London are so expensive it would have been a shame for them not to be able to go.
3) I've been glad I'm retired this week with the heat. I wouldn't have wanted to be working and I've also been able to take it easy and not worry about doing too many chores.
4) A busy day at the Foodbank yesterday. We had lots of people turn up and although we had plenty of food for them we didn't have lots of fresh provisions left at the end of the session. Sometimes fresh food has to be thrown away because it won't keep until the next Tuesday when the foodbank is open again.
5) I spent most of my time at the foodbank putting away a delivery from the council and sorting out the storage room, moving a few things around and just a bit of organising. I also had to keep checking on frozen foods - we put a selection of items out for about 15 minutes but then they have to be returned to the freezers and another selection put out. One of the longer serving helpers made a point of complimenting me on my organisational skills. Sometimes it's the little things like that which make your day!
Well time is getting on and, despite the heat, I've still managed to walk a little bit each day so I need a shower before going to bed. We have a busy weekend ahead so I need my sleep.
Have a good weekend all.