It's Friday! Time to look back on the blessings of the past week. Thanks to our host Susanne who you can find here.
1) Firstly I'm grateful to Susanne for keeping the Friday Five going each week especially when I've had a week of no blogging. A weekly post is better than nothing.
2) We celebrated 2 birthdays this week - our daughter's was last Saturday and we babysat for her so she and her wife could go out for dinner and see a show. We even managed to get the kids in bed and asleep. The second birthday was Grandson Noah's. He turned 5 on Wednesday. We didn't get to see him but we'll celebrate when we're all together for Rory's birthday in a couple of weeks.
3) Grateful to have lovely DILs. Noah's Mummy was set a challenge this week - Noah wanted a snail cake for his birthday. She didn't disappoint him.
4) There were a couple of things going on this week that were causing me a bit of anxiety but thankfully they were both resolved.
5) We had a good time visiting some of the stalls taking part in the Jumble Trail last Sunday. The weather was lovely so it was nice to be out and about. We didn't buy much - just a couple of bits for the Grandkids and a couple of albums and CDs for Hubby.
Bonus item - I finally managed to finish The Picture of Dorian Gray which Goodreads describes as:
For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind.
Well it took me 10 days to read, even though it's not a particularly long book. It was not mesmerizing or suspenseful but it is another book ticked off the BBC list. I've moved onto a chick lit book now for some light relief!
Have a good weekend all.