Friday, 2 October 2026

Friday's Fave Five - 2/10/26


Well I couldn't let another Friday go by without joining in with Susanne's weekly gratitude blog hop.  Susanne reminds us every week to post about the good things that have happened during our week and the link up is here.  Thank you Susanne.

1)  Firstly, although I've used the autumn leaves picture and the leaves are definitely turning and dropping here, it has been so mild this week with lots of sunshine.  There was rain as well but mainly overnight and of course we needed it.

2)  Family time last weekend - one of Nick's sisters Helen turned 70 last Friday and her son, aided by her other 3 children hosted a get together for all the family.  Helen hates being the centre of attention but I think she really enjoyed having everyone together.

3)  The safe arrival of a great niece - Freya also on Saturday.  Always good to know that a baby has arrived safely and mother and baby are doing well.

4)  Retirement and time to pursue hobbies such as doing jigsaw puzzles.
I've just completed this one:

It has the added challenge of finding the 100 items that are on the jigsaw but not the picture that came with the puzzle.  (A bit like Where's Wally?) So far I have found 39 but I've only been studying the right hand side.  I'll look for more tomorrow.

5) Family time with our daughter and family.  Our DIL is trying to do a family meal on Fridays where they all sit down together and we were invited to join them.  During the week the children often eat earlier than the parents but of course it is good to all sit down together and we enjoyed a lovely meal with them.

Plus a couple of bonus items: a video chat with Grandson Vinny yesterday - he just wanted to call his Nanny.  No Foodbank duties tomorrow so I can have a lie in.

Have a good weekend all.

7 comments:

  1. I am loving autumn too. Our leaves haven't changed but the temperatures are lower and we've had rain. Sounds like England and Ohio are a lot alike :)
    Family dinners are always a fave. And Happy Birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wendy!! Enjoy your lie in!! You deserve it!! Sweet that Vinny wanted to talk with you! I know it makes your heart swell!! Happy birthday to Helen!! Birthdays are special and so is family time!! Those Friday dinners sound great, too. Nice that daughter and DIL are doing that!! A nice list to share with us!! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a lovely week. We had mild weather this week as well. It was nice after such a big storm last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really liked the weather this week.
    How lovely to have that time with your family and congrats about the new addition.
    I hope you had a long lie in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The party for Helen sounds nice, and it's so good to do that while the person is still there and can enjoy it. I remember at my mother-in-law's funeral thinking she would have loved so much to have seen the whole family together but hadn't since ten years earlier.

    Yay for a new baby in the family! That is a good goal to make time to eat together as a family. It's so nice when grandkids just want to be with us or contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your blessings from the week.
    Congrats on the birth of your great-niece! That's exciting. I love a newborn baby. Been far too long since i've held one. Maybe one day i'll get to be a grandmama.

    I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.