It's Friday again so time to take a pause and look back on the good things of the week and then join up at Susanne's site with other bloggers doing the same.
Here are mine:
1. Getting back into normal routines. I do love the Christmas period, especially spending time with family and grandkids but routines go out of the window. This week I've managed to get the house straight again and cleaner. I feel more settled when things are more routine.
2. Quiet moments when I can sit and watch the birds in the garden. There have been a few of these this week - our daughter hasn't been working here as much this week so I've been able to sit with my laptop in the dining room and watch the birds visiting our feeding station.
3. Walking! I've managed to get out twice so far this week, despite the fact that we have had a lot of rain. So much so that the walk around the lake is like a quagmire in places. Not to be attempted without wellies. Yesterday I stuck to the park which has concrete paths and managed to dodge the showers. I do like to get outside and clear the cobwebs away.
4. Family time last Sunday - we had my younger son and his family here for lunch. It's lovely when we have them all here watching the grandchildren interact with one another but it's also nice to have one family at a time so that we actually get time to talk. I know they also appreciate being able to get the kids out of the flat for a break.
5. Looking at this list it's full of fairly simple things and I'm grateful for a simple life without too many complications or things to worry about.
Not the greatest picture but this Heron stopped by during the week. He didn't stay long so it was a challenge to get a picture snapped. Credit for that goes to my daughter who was here that day.
I've also managed to keep up with the Just Jot it January challenge and posted something everyday so far in January. Hopefully I'll keep that up.
As for the jigsaw puzzle I started, it's going to take a while!
Have a good weekend all.