Yay! I'm here on time. Thanks to Susanne for keeping us on track with finding our gratitude each week. Find out more here.
1) Well the picture above is apt for me this week as there have been lots of birds in the garden and thankfully I was able to get all the bird feeders cleaned up and replenished. I do love standing at my kitchen sink and watching the birds coming for food.
2) Grateful with time just with Rory this week and then Nathan. I had to collect Rory from school on Wednesday as there was no after school club and his Mummy had a staff meeting after school. Elizabeth teaches at the same school that Rory attends. I picked him up and took him back to his home and we had an hour or so together before Elizabeth got back with Vinny.
Yesterday we had Nathan here all afternoon as he's not back at school until Monday. He loves having 1:1 time with us playing games like Snakes and Ladders and we also had a good game of Hide and Seek. Nanny is very good at hiding!
Time with the grandkids is always lovely but especially when it's 1:1.
3) Glad to get back to more normal routines this week and get all the Christmas stuff taken down ready to put away. Although I haven't done as much as I'd have liked as I'm still struggling with a cough.
4) Hobby/Reading time. Because I'm still not 100% I have taken time for myself this week and done some reading. I also started a jigsaw that was gifted to me ages ago. I think it might be a WIP for a while though - it's hard!
5) Lots of blogging and lots of sweet things! I'm taking part in the Just Jot it January challenge again this year in the hope of getting back into the habit of blogging more regularly and that's going ok so far. The prompt for that today was "Sweet" well I'm thankful for many sweet gifts at Christmas. I had some fancy chocolates from my youngest son and his wife. I also got a couple of boxes of my favourites (Lindor by Lindt) and another nice box from the neighbour who lives opposite us. That was very unexpected so even more lovely. And yesterday when Nathan came he brought a few chocolate cup cakes that he'd made with my daughter. Yes it's well known that a) I have a very sweet tooth and b) I love chocolate!
Now I just need to work on taking more photos!