I can't believe that I haven't posted a Friday Five since the beginning of May and now it's the end of June. But it's good to be here today and think about the good things of this week.
If you want to join in or check out the other participants pop over to our host Suzanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story
I have so many things to be thankful for this week so here goes:
1) A birthday! Of course I don't want to be a year older but I had lots of lovely presents as you can see here
Yes my favourite colour is blue. I also have an Amazon voucher to spend and an afternoon tea to look forward to.
2) A date day with hubby. Last Friday we went to the cinema in the afternoon and then out for something to eat. It was great going to the cinema in the afternoon - we had the pick of the seats as there were only about 10 other people there! We saw Hampstead.
3) Spending a pleasant afternoon on Saturday taking part in a garden trail. Our local community garden had organised this event where a number of local people opened their gardens. By buying a ticket you were given the details of the gardens taking part and the funds raised will help support the community garden. We managed to visit 10 gardens. They were all well managed with some very different layouts and types. Gave me lots of ideas for things I could do in mine.
4) Visiting my grandson on Sunday. He's 13 weeks today (2 weeks corrected) and doing well although he has reflux so is uncomfortable quite a bit and doesn't sleep for long but he is mega cute. Yes I'm biased! lol I've just realised that on my last Friday Five post he was still in the hospital but he's been home for over a month now.
5) A good shopping trip and a productive day. Yesterday I went to Ikea, Hobbycraft and then on to Westfield in Stratford for Lakeland and John Lewis. I had a lovely time picking up some things to help organise things in my kitchen a bit better. I also got a pattern and some wool for my next baby blanket. I've almost finished a blanket for Nathan, just the edging to do. I'd planned to have it ready for when he was born but of course his early arrival messed with that schedule! No idea if or when there will be more grandchildren but I've decided to get ahead of myself because of course both the other DILs have made it clear they will expect a blanket too when, God willing, they start their families. I haven't done any knitting today but I have tidied several cupboards in the kitchen making use of the things I bought yesterday and I felt quite satisfied when I'd finished.
So a good week all round for me. Have a good weekend all.