Yes I know it's Saturday but I have so many things to be thankful for that I couldn't miss the Friday's Fave 5 again. Thanks to Susanne for hosting - give her a visit at Living to Tell the Story and see who else joined in.
1. Well firstly I'm thankful that my laptop seems to have dried out - hubby spilt some wine on it on Thursday evening and yesterday it was typing complete gobblydygook! Here's a before and after:
Thmeb quj7icykb b rown,b foxb ujujhmpsb overb thmeb lazykb dog
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
Just trying to type my password in to get into the laptop took ages and really challenged my patience! So no blogging done yesterday but this morning all seems ok. Phew!
2) I'm especially thankful to my GP service and our NHS. I missed last Friday's Fave Five as I was in hospital. I'd gone to my GP on the Monday as a cyst I'd had for a while quickly became infected and turned into an abscess. He prescribed antibiotics and arranged for a breast clinic referral - mainly as a precaution. By Thursday morning things were much worse but again I was able to make contact with my GP who arranged for me to be seen by the surgical team at the hospital. This resulted in a hospital stay of 5 nights and intravenous antibiotics. I came home on Tuesday with oral antibiotics but the wound is healing and I'm feeling better although still tired. Being in hospital is not restful, especially when you getting woken at 2 am each night for observations and the night staff seem to think the day starts between 5.30 and 6.00 am! (Yes I know some of you reading this are early risers and will agree with them but I'm a night owl lol.)
3) While I was in hospital I was seen by the breast clinic and thankfully it was confirmed I'd had a sebaceous cyst in my chest wall and there was nothing causing alarm in the breast. They managed to do an ultrasound but I was spared a mammogram - that will be done in about 6 weeks just to be completely sure all is ok.
4) A catch up with my best friend. She came for a visit yesterday and brought me this:
Isn't it lovely. Not the best picture - it says welcome on the sign.
5) It's my birthday! Despite all the craziness in the world right now I've lasted another year. And this year we can celebrate with some of the family - our daughter and youngest son and their families are coming for afternoon tea today.
I started the day with breakfast in bed and then hubby attempted to do croissants. Sadly the first ones got forgotten, burnt and ended up on the floor!
Fortunately there were 2 left and they were delicious.
Apologies if I haven't got around to visiting all your blogs yet. Normal service is gradually resuming.
Have a good weekend all.