Friday is the day for looking back over the week to remember things to be grateful for. It's hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find other participants and all the guidelines for posting.
Here are mine for this week:
1) Cooler weather and rain. The heat of recent weeks has been unbearable at times but this week it's been much cooler and we've had much needed rain. The garden is looking better.
2) Online shopping! I have a couple of sets of small drawers from IKEA that I want to put in the room I'm now referring to as Hubbies Den. It was a bedroom but I want it to be more multi purpose and for him to have his office stuff in there. My plan is to use the drawers for things like staples, paperclips and various other office supplies but I know that hubby will need to know what's in the drawers.
So I managed to source some label holders online, ordered them and they arrived today. I love it when things like that come together.
3) Ladies lunch today with my former work colleagues. It's been a few weeks since we got together so we had lots to catch up on.
4) Recipes that worked! It was my turn to host the lunch so I did a chicken dish I hadn't done before. (Chicken cooked in a creamy sauce flavoured with mustard and with mushrooms and leeks.) Easy to do and it tasted delicious so I'll be making it again. Plus pannecotta with a raspberry sauce for dessert. I'd never made that before and I was a bit nervous about using gelatine but they set nicely and tasted great. But....I forgot to take pictures! There was enough leftover for hubby's dinner and he gave them a thumbs up too.
5) No good week is complete without Grandchildren time.
We caught up with Rory last Sunday. He is becoming much more smiley.