How can it be Friday again?
Time to look back on the week and list the good things. Susanne is the host for this and you can find her blog here. These are the things I'm thankful for this week:
1) Family time last Sunday - we had both our daughter and our younger son here with their families. A bit hectic but the cousins do love to get together. A challenge preparing a roast dinner while keeping the kids out of the kitchen lol.
2) 1:1 time with Rory on Monday - he school was closed for staff training so he came here. He's really good at amusing himself but we also played a lot of games including Kerplunk and Junior Monopoly.
3) We had some much needed rain but also quite a bit of sunshine this week. Today has been really warm again but I've managed to get out every day for a walk, even if just a short one.
4) A trip to nearby Epping - we got the bus and then the train and then took a slow walk up and down the High Road, exploring the various charity shops. I found a "Guess Who" game which is another one I'm sure the grandkids will enjoy playing.
5) Keeping up my motivation for improving my health. As mentioned I've been out for a walk everyday and I'm still keeping up my exercises for my back and hips. The pain is definitely less but still not gone completely. I'm also drinking more water and trying to keep to healthy meals. Not 100% - for example we should have had a HelloFresh delivery on Tuesday by 7pm. By the time it arrived at 9.30 pm we'd opted for a Chinese takeaway! But I have kept away from the chocolate and biscuits and I've also eaten more fruit.
Bonus - it was Knit and Natter on Wednesday evening - I'd missed the last two so it was good to catch up with everyone.
We have a fairly quiet weekend ahead although we are babysitting Nathan and Ella tomorrow evening. Hopefully we'll get them to bed but at least it's Saturday so if they stay up late there's no rush to get up the next day!
Have a good weekend all.