Yes I'm a day late this week but better late than never.
Time to join up with Susanne here to look back on the week and find the things to be thankful for.
1) I'm thankful for all your kind words following Hubby's accident last week. It's so nice to be part of a supportive blogging community.
2) Hubby has really improved over the course of the week. He still looks a bit battered and the bruising on his arms is more noticeable but he has a lot more movement in his arms and his right hand. He's also in a lot less pain.
3) He managed to get an appointment at the dentist that is on our road to get his teeth checked out. The dentist advised waiting a couple of weeks to let his bruising etc heal and his teeth settle before having any repair work done so we have a follow up appointment booked for that.
4) A catch up with our 4 local grandkids during the week. We had Rory and Vinny here on Wednesday. They were pleased to see us after their holiday. Then on Friday we had Nathan and Ella here. Nathan should have been at cricket summer club but he had croup earlier in the week and wasn't fully recovered. I don't think the current heatwave we're experiencing is helping.
5) Having no responsibilities. During this current heatwave it's good to just be able to sit and do nothing energetic. We don't have AC - many UK homes don't, but we do have several fans which get moved around the house depending on which rooms we're using and where the sun is.
I've also tried to cook things on the hob rather than having the oven on especially as the kitchen gets the sun from midday till the end of the day at this time of year.
I've been doing all the cooking this week as Hubby recovers. Hopefully he'll be able to help out soon!
Enjoy the weekend all - our hot weather is set to last until Monday when they're forecasting thunderstorms with heavy downpours that could cause flash flooding! But there's no such thing as climate change 😡