It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.
Here are mine for this week, a day late as I was quite busy yesterday and then my son and DIL arrived for the weekend:
1. Last Saturday the son who lives with us and his wife made us a lovely cooked breakfast. It's nice to be waited on.
2. Our niece's baby, Poppy, has her nasal feeding tube replaced with a permanent tube directly into her stomach through her tummy. This was a worrying procedure for them as it involved a general anaesthetic and there were concerns over her heart when she was previously poorly but all went well. This will make their lives so much easier.
3. On Wednesday we saw a play at our local theatre. It was a modern day adaptation based on Chekov's The Cherry Orchard. It might have helped if I'd done my homework beforehand about that story. We've seen great plays and musicals at the theatre which I've been happy to recommend. I can't say the same about this play but it was nice to have a night out with hubby.
4. Moving - it looks like two of our children will be on the move. Our eldest son and his wife have put an offer on a property in Nottingham where they are based. It's been accepted but not they have to get all their paperwork etc in order so will keep our fingers crossed on that one. Our daughter and her wife, for various reasons, have decided not to continue with the purchase of a flat they were interested in. Instead they are going to look to move from their rented flat to a rented house until they can afford to buy a house. Our DIL has just become self-employed so her earnings won't count towards a mortgage at the moment which limited their buying power. Hopefully in a year or two when she can show evidence of earning they will be better placed for a mortgage.
5. We've finished painting the spare room! Yay! The carpet is due to be laid on Monday and hopefully everything will be ready for Thursday when guests arrive. We might not have new curtains by then but the old ones have been washed and will at least provide privacy for now.