Once again I'm a day late but it's been busy this week. Taking a breath and looking back on things to be grateful for is what this meme is all about though. Pop over here to see other participants.
1) A successful shopping outing on Saturday. I left some birthday shopping until the last minute and my local Westfield was BUSY. Once again I omitted to check if there was a football game on at the stadium which is part of the same complex. DUH.
2) A trip to Nottingham to catch up with these 3
These lovely pics were taken at the wedding of my DIL's sister but we were in Nottingham to celebrate Amy's 30th birthday. Her parents had organised a surprise get together at their house for her. It was a long day for us and we probably spent more time travelling than we did with them but I'm glad we went. I know they appreciated it and of course we love catching up with Noah.
3) Coping with 3 early starts this week. I had my usual 2 days with Rory, which require an early start but I also did another morning where I had to be there even earlier to take over from Mummy when she went off to work and then drop Rory off to nursery. (Daddy had been away overnight.) I was also fortunate with the weather again. We had quite a few showers this week but there were enough dry spells to get Rory out in the buggy. I love my days with him but they are long and tiring. Needless to say on the very early morning I went home and didn't do much for the rest of the day lol!
4) Grandparents tea at Nathan's nursery. We were able to go with Nathan to his nursery and have tea on Friday. He was so excited about it. It was nice to see where he goes. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and of course we got to spend time with Nathan. We stayed for dinner with his Mummies too so a lovely afternoon.
He especially loves spending time with his Grandpa.
5) Finding things! I am pretty obsessive about keeping track of things like socks. It really frustrates me when I end up with an odd one. That happened earlier this week. One of my socks went missing and I searched high and low. In the end I gave up hoping it would turn up eventually. Yesterday when I was taking some clothes off the airer what did I find? Yep the errant sock. Sometimes it's little things like that I'm grateful for. I like things to be ordered.
Hope you're all having a good weekend. I've just enjoyed watching Strictly Come Dancing while I was preparing this post.
Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.