Yes it's Friday again and this week I'm here on time to share my five blessings from this week and then link up with Susanne and other like minded bloggers.
Here we go:
1) A Ladies Lunch that became a Ladies Supper this month. It's been a while since the four of us (all former work colleagues) got together. Sadly one of my friend's husband died in February so making arrangements to get together have been a little bit tricky. But it was great to catch up.
2) A visit to my brother and sister-in-law on Monday. Again we haven't seen as much of each other thanks to the pandemic and various bouts of illness between us so it was lovely to catch up with them again over lunch.
3) On Wednesday I joined a Knit & Natter group that meets locally. I decided it was time I started making new friends in the area and this seemed a good way - you know how I love to waffle and I can also manage to knit and crochet. The main group meets in a local church during the day on Wednesdays which of course is no good for me as I have Grandson Vinny on that day but the main organiser has tried to set up a spin off meeting on Wednesday evenings in the local pub. There were only 5 people there including me but the others were very friendly so it was a nice way to pass an evening. It's also only about once a month but I was pleased with myself for getting out and meeting new people.
4) Last Sunday hubby and I enjoyed a lunch out at a place called the Melting Point. Hubby has been there a few times either for a snack or lunch but I hadn't been. Hubby was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the food - the owner is Turkish and lots of the dishes are tapas style but actually the menu is more extensive than he'd led me to believe and, although there were plainer things on the menu, we opted for a selection of tapas dishes, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. We'll be going again.
5) Lots of social outings to be thankful for then but finally I'm thankful that, despite all the doom and gloom at the moment with the war in Ukraine and the economic crisis that so many of us are facing, our family all seem to be in a good place to weather the storm.
Have a good weekend all. I'm off to buy cake!
PS as an added bonus - I had a short day on Wednesday with Vinny - his nursery were having a pre-jubilee party so he was allowed to go to that in the afternoon.