Despite it being very hot this week I did manage to get out for a walk on Wednesday evening. It was just after 9 pm but it was still light enough. The moon was already visible though:
Not quite a full moon but nearly.
1) Spending time at my daughter's helping to do some sorting as they prepare to move house. So glad I'm retired!
2) Spending time with Grandkids - we saw all four London based little ones this week. Of course we miss the other 2 but hopefully we'll see them again too.
Can't believe Ella will be 8 months tomorrow.
3) A negative COVID test. I agreed to take part in a research project which involved taking a test and sending it off. I did the test last Saturday and the result came through on Tuesday as negative. Of course it does rely on me having administered the test correctly. (Test results at the test centres for anyone with symptoms come through much quicker.)
4) We had torrential rain during the week but fortunately we weren't flooded as some areas of London were and even those areas weren't as badly hit as some areas of Europe. And now we have lots of sunshine. It's definitely summer!
5) I'm keeping up my walking but the hot weather means I'm tending to walk in the evening when it's cooler. I managed just over 3 miles tonight and spotted this little fellow:
No idea what bird it is but the red stripe on its head caught my eye. Name that bird anyone?
Have a good weekend all.
1) A better week. I've been getting back into my regular routines and walking so I feel much better for that. And I'm here on time for once!
2) A trip to the library. Some for me and some for the Grandkids!
4) I survived a whole day babysitting Vinny. My DIL is back at work now and Daddy is home looking after the kids. Today however he's gone off to Liverpool for a stag weekend so I had Vinny all day. The first time I've done that but he was really good. He's crawling now and trying to pull himself up on everything so he needs watching every second. He also doesn't like to nap for long - he managed 35 minutes twice today so not a lot of rest for Nanny! We went out to the shops this morning and then to the park in the afternoon to break the day up.
5) Convenience meals! Hubby has been out with uni friends today but obviously I didn't want to have to come home and cook so I grabbed a dinner I could just throw in the oven for tonight. I'll probably wash it down with a glass of wine!
Have a good weekend all.
But......if you're used to getting e-mails telling you about my new posts you can still do this through follow.it. Just sign up on the link on the right hand side of my blog and you should (hopefully if I've done everything right 🤞) receive e-mail notifications as before.
If you have time to let me know if it works okay I'd appreciate any feedback.
Firstly happy July 4th to all my American friends. Hope you've had a good day today.
Another week without a proper blog. I didn't even do the regular Friday's Fave Five this week. I think the infection I had plus the strong course of antibiotics really took it out of me both physically and mentally. I've been quite tired and my stomach has been quite unsettled so I haven't been doing very much at all.
I have read quite a few books. I've watched quite a bit of TV and of course there have been certain football games that just had to be seen. I'm not a great football fan but there definitely is an air of expectation at the moment regarding England and the European championships. They've reached the semi-finals and are playing well.
And of course we're now going into the second week of the Wimbledon Tennis so another excuse for ignoring the to do list.
Hopefully this week will be more productive and I'll be able to get out for some walks - weather permitting. It hasn't felt like summer this week! I'm also planning a trip to the library. I've only got one library book left to read plus I want to get a few different ones for the Grandchildren when they come.
Have a good week all.