Thanks to Susanne at Living to tell the Story for this reminder every week to sit back and think about our 5 favourite things from the week.
This is particular hard right now. There seems to be no end in sight for our lockdown - it was announced this week that the earliest schools MIGHT re-open is 8th March. Case numbers are reducing though but that hasn't yet stopped hospitals being overwhelmed and deaths reducing. This week we hit the horrific statistic of 100,000 deaths in the UK from Covid.
But there are good things still happening:
1) We had snow last weekend - not a lot thankfully but of course the children find it very exciting.
Nathan & Noah enjoyed making snowmen. Rory didn't have quite as much snow to work with but still enjoyed being out in the garden.
2) A zoom call with hubby's siblings last Friday. It was a bit chaotic with 8 couples trying to have a conversation but it was nice to see them all.
3) A better week in terms of getting out to walk, keeping my step count up etc. Last week I was very demotivated but this week has been better.
4) Curtains for my bedroom have arrived. I'm hoping to get them up over the weekend but I'm currently letting them just hang so I don't have to do too much ironing of them. I'm hoping they're going to darken the bedroom considerably and it will help me sleep better.
5) I cooked dinner tonight using a Simply Cook kit and it was delicious. It was Japanese Seared Steak and looked like this:
Actually that's how the recipe card made it look - I forgot to take a picture of ours! But it was good as are the chocolates I mentioned last week. We've been eating 1 a day to make them last but they are delicious!
(Of course I'm eating other chocolate as well. 1 chocolate a day is not enough lol.)
Right time to post this before midnight strikes. Have a good weekend all.