Friday 30 September 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 30/9/22


Brrr it's definitely autumnal here.  

I've missed a couple of weeks here so lots of things to be grateful for including:

1)  My trip to Ireland with friends.  You can read about it here.  It was so lovely to get away and we had a great time.

2)  A hubby who is happy for me to do my own thing from time to time as in leave him here for a week while I get away with friends.  Thankfully he can be quite independent although we did have an interesting conversation during the week about how to set up the washing machine.  

3)  Catching up with the Grandkids.  We saw Vinny and Rory last Friday as it was Vinny's birthday.  2 already! And then we stayed and had a chinese takeaway with my son and DIL.  We caught up with Ella on Monday and then on Tuesday I took Nathan to his tennis lesson so I had time with him.  Tomorrow we are off to Nottingham for Miles' second birthday and a catch up with our eldest son and the rest of the family.

4)  A walk around the lake today.  It was quite sunny at the start but had begun to cloud over by the time I got home.  It was just nice to be out in familiar surroundings.

The cygnets are almost fully grown.  It will be interesting to see if the male parent tries to chase them off the way he did with last years brood.




It was hard to get a decent picture of them this afternoon as they were all busy feeding.

5)  Good starts to school for Rory and Noah.



Have a good weekend all.


16 comments:

  1. How lovely to be able to visit Ireland! That is on my bucket list. I'll check back later and read all about it. It's great to be able to get out and take walks. I hope to do more now that it's cooler. I hope the signets get to stay as a family. Rory and Noah look very enthusiastic for school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the cygnets. Last year the breeding pair had 7 and the male parent started to chase them all away as soon as they were old enough. Several had to be rescued and relocated.

      Delete
  2. Your trip to Ireland sounds like it was so much fun and a great get-away! I can't get over how fast the kiddos are growing up!! Tennis lessons for Nathan?! Wasn't he just in diapers?! Wendy, I enjoyed your post and wish you a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes tennis for Nathan even though he's only 5. At school he also does fencing. Not sure about a 5 year old and a sword lol.

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to reading all about your Ireland trip!
    Isn't it a wonderful blessing to be able to spend time with your grands? I love about living where I do now. Have a good time in Nottingham this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't they look so much older in their school uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but I expect they'll look even older when the year is finished.

      Delete
  5. How fun to visit Ireland! And to catch up with the grandkids. That lake is lovely. I'm glad the grands in school got off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy. Your trip to Ireland sounds great! Ireland is on our bucket list of places to visit. We have a friend who is Irish and he said he would love to show us around his home country. Your grandsons are so cute. So glad you had some time with family and friends this past week. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Ireland is a great place to visit.

      Delete
  7. How fun to have time with your grandchildren AND get a trip away with good friends. LOVE that. I need to do that more often. My husband would survive on junk food though :(
    I would LOVE to visit Ireland one day...it's on our bucket list...maybe once I finally retire from teaching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ireland should definitely stay on your bucket list.

      Delete
  8. I enjoy these posts Wendy. This one made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Ireland sounds great, wishing you a wonderful time. Your grandsons are precious. I had to chuckle about the washing machine conversation. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.