Friday, 24 July 2026

Friday's Fave Five - 24/7/26


Friday again so time to look back on the week and list the blessings.  Susanne keeps us on our toes and we join up here.

1)  Fresh water.  I'm not a fan of bottled water and I certainly don't like fizzy water so I'm thankful that we have drinkable water from the tap here, particularly while it's been so hot.  I've been drinking lots more than usual.  Some areas in London this week were without water due to burst water mains so I'm especially grateful that we weren't affected by that.

2)  Apparently today is National Cousins Day in the US.  Who knew?  Anyway I am blessed with several cousins that I'm close to and one of them became a grandmother again yesterday.  This comes at the end of a very long journey for her daughter, and is actually a rainbow baby so very precious.  

3)  Getting back to normality and routines.  I was definitely out of sorts after our holiday and while our daughter and her family were here.  The excessive heat didn't help either.  But this week it's been a bit cooler and I've managed to get back on track with my usual routines, reading and blogging.

4)  Dinner sorted tonight courtesy of the Foodbank.  Occasionally we get things donated that we can't give out to beneficiaries - anything containing alcohol for example.  Volunteers are offered the chance to take advantage of this and Hubby and I will be having a lasagne each tonight that has red wine in it.

5)  A knit and natter session on Wednesday - well a natter session for me.  I'd been doing some knitting before I went and somehow managed to leave one of my needles at home!  It was still nice to get out of the house though and catch up with friends.

Have a good weekend all.


2 comments:

  1. I like tap water more than bottled and fizzy water too. I saw on the news about the burst water mains and water being handed out. Eek! That is good you are getting back to your normal routine. Enjoy the lasagne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you can drink your tap water. I remember drinking water out of the hose as a child. It is nice to get our with friends. I am meeting friends for lunch next week. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.