And......It's Friday again!
Time to take a breath and look back on the good things of the last week and then link up here on Susanne's blog and check out other participants.
Apologies for not posting the link last week or responding to comments on my blog, although I think I did get around to visiting everyone that took part.
Anyway here are mine for this week:
1) Lots of time with Grandkids. We had the local 4 here (and their parents) for lunch on Sunday. Totally chaotic but always lovely to see them all having fun together. On Monday we had Ella here while her Mummy had lunch with her Dad. An easier babysit this time as before Mummy left we walked down to the station together and Ella fell asleep. Predictably she was a bit upset when she woke up but her other Mummy was working here so we soon got over that. We spent quite a while playing with Playdoh. I missed the opportunity to take pictures - Ella decided not to sit at the table while we played but ON the table lol.
Tuesday I spend a short time with both Ella and Nathan while their Mummies had a zoom call with Nathan's teacher - his school are still doing parent evenings remotely. He's doing well.
Then on Wednesday I had to collect Rory from school as it was a strike day and he finished at 2pm. I picked him up and took him home to his home and also got a bit of time with Vinny when he came back from nursery.
2) A few walks this week although nowhere exciting. It's been quite rainy on and off so it was a case of watching out for dry spells and also avoiding the very muddy forest areas. Still good to get out for the fresh air and exercise.
3) A knit and natter meet up on Wednesday evening. There were only 5 of us but it's always a pleasant way to spend an evening.
4) Reading time. I've managed to get through 2 books this week but I'm still behind in my reading challenge thanks to taking so long to read A Prayer for Owen Meany. Susanne asked if it was worth reading and I would say it is - Irving is a very talented writer but if you don't like long books or ones that are slow leading up to the finale then give it a miss.
5) A surprise little payback from one of the mortgage companies we were with. Apparently they calculated their charges incorrectly so we're due a refund. Not a big amount but a nice surprise.
This was the only photo I took this week but it is cute.
Time with grandchildren are the best! Your knitting group sounds great! My church has a monthly meet-up for crafts and the like. I haven't gotten there yet. I have been so slow with reading lately. Unless it's a really riveting book, it takes me forever to finish it. Regarding your mom (from your comment on my blog), my mother had dementia the last few years of her life. It wasn't Alzheimer's exactly but the confusion I know really bothered her.ReplyDelete
After the tome of Owen Meany I've been reading some crime thrillers (one of my favourite genres) and some easy chick lit.Delete
Nice that you had lots of time with your grands. Good to get a refund too!ReplyDelete
Thanks Susan. The cheque has now arrived.Delete
What fun with the grands this week!ReplyDelete
Knit and Natter sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you got to be there.
It is always great to have some time to read.
Yay on getting back that mortgage money.
Have a good weekend!
I am a little jealous of all the time you get to spend with your grandchildren. That is a cute picture. So glad you were able to get some reading done this week. I am having trouble finding a new book. I can't seem to get into any of the books I start "test reading." I'm with you - I get bored if books are too long, but it's good that you stuck with Owen Meanie. It's a classic. So glad you got a refund from your mortgage company. Our mortgage company also send us a notice that we owned them $200, so you are fortunately indeed. I hope you have a good weekend.ReplyDelete
Ouch sorry about your mortgage notice. Yes we are very fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time with most of our grandkids and to see the others regularly.Delete
What a cute pic of the grand girl!! It's nice you can babysit your grands.ReplyDelete
I've never read the Owen Meanie one. Probably won't but glad you did it!
yay for refunds and walks outdoors!!
Yay for lots of time with grandkids! How great to get something back from your mortgage company. I've never read Owen Meany, either--I don't mind long, slow books if they are interesting. It seems like I looked at this one once and decided against it, but I can't remember anything about it now. I just finished C. S. Lewis' Surprised by Joy.ReplyDelete
The only C S Lewis I've read to date is The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. I hope to finish the Narnia series at some point.Delete
It is the little things that matter the most!ReplyDelete
My goodness, the last I can say that you were very busy with your grand kids ! At least it was fun ! I am surrounded with sick people and funerals, and my mood is accordingly. Well it will go by too. I have to be patient said my doctor !ReplyDelete
I wonder why you keep coming up as anonymous? But thanks for stopping by.Delete
I love that you have this time with your grandchildren. I enjoyed that sweet photo!!ReplyDelete
What is strike day?
Carla from the River
Unexpected money is always nice : ). I completely understand the chaos part lol. We had all four here for a week, then I had the stomach flu, so my house is still not quite put back together. It's fun to have the whole gang together though, and that doesn't happen often here. Have a nice week!ReplyDelete