Brrr it's been cold this week. Frosty starts to the day but some lovely bright sunny days. Someone suggested there had been snow this morning but I think there were about half a dozen snowflakes lol.
Anyway it's Friday so time to look back on the good things from the past week then head over to Susanne's site here to see who else is taking part.
1) An outing with Hubby on Saturday - he was going to a nearby pub to watch a band play and meeting up with a few of the women that he walks with on Thursdays. I decided on the spur of the moment to join him. We got there early enough so that we could eat in the pub before the band started playing. It was a fun evening but difficult to chat to his friends over the noise of the band.
2) Tea and cheesecake on Sunday and a chance to see Grandsons Rory and Vinny. My son and DIL had hosted friends on Saturday for Thanksgiving and had a lot of dessert leftover so they invited us over on Sunday to help with that. She had made a pumpkin pie which is not a fave of mine but also a chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake which was very yummy. But also very rich and not great for my preventing diabetes diet so I declined the offer of bringing more home with us lol.
3) I haven't felt well the last few days - feels like my body is fighting a virus of some sort which is making me cough quite a bit and feel out of sorts. I'm thankful that I'm retired without any responsibilities and have been able to just take it easy.
4) Also thankful for a Hubby who can cook and who is willing to take on household chores when necessary. He was proud of himself one day this week as he put a load of laundry through the washer. He wasn't feeling quite so smug when I reminded him that laundry happens in 2 parts - the washing, then the drying. (Fortunately I found the wet washing in the machine fairly soon after he'd washed it.)
5) I'm also grateful that I've been able to get a few things sorted like ordering ink for our printer, food for the birdfeeders and a few Christmas items without leaving the comfort of the sofa. I've also done quite a bit of reading and knitting.
I'm planning a lazy weekend in the hope that I can shake off this virus but hopefully with Hubby's help make a start on the Christmas decorating.
Have a good weekend all.