Sunday 22 July 2018

18 in 18 - June update

Well this is my June update even though we are so far into July I considered combining the two months.  We've had lots going on so I am totally out of routine with lots of things. 
 
1.   Bake once per month (bread/cake/biscuits) FAIL
2.   Plant new flower bed and child proof garden  NOT YET
3.   Sort out magazines. Sorted but need to catch up on reading them!
4.   Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal)  We managed an Afternoon Tea and a meal out this month.
5.   Eat at 4 new-to-me restaurants  The meal out was at a new restaurant for me - "Arch Rivals" - will I'd be happy to revisit.  That means I've completed this challenge!
6.   Complete the A – Z  blogging challenge  Done!
7.   Plan a family weekend away for next year NOT YET
8.   Walk at least 3 times per week  I'm still walking but more variety still needed.  I always walk when looking after Nathan so that's 2 out of 3 each week but we do tend to do the same routes.
9.   Visit my brother  NOT YET
10.               Visit my cousin  NOT YET
11.               Visit the beach  COMPLETED
12.               Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)  Still on track.  In June I read:
First Family - David Baldacci
The Summer of Impossible Things - Rowan Coleman
The Sunday Lunch Club - Juliet Ashton
On a Beautiful Day - Lucy Diamond &
Foreign Fruit - Jojo Moyes
Details and Reviews can be found on my Goodreads site.
13.               Keep my bullet journal updated  FAIL
14.               Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes) FAIL
15.               Take more photos Lots of baby pics t.aken!
16.               Update my wardrobe .  Oh yes!  Hubby booked me a session with a personal shopper at a nearby department store for my birthday.  Safe to say I have lots of new clothes.
17.               Do more crafting – update on blog FAIL
18.               Try out a new recipe each week FAIL

   Far too many "FAILS" or "NOT YET" on that list. But we did have a fun month visiting babies, eating out, buying new clothes etc as well as the usual routines of looking after Nathan.

3 comments:

  1. You know what... visiting with those babies is so much more important than any of the rest of the things on that list!! Enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Terri. They are babies for such a short time they come first on any list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making up bucket lists and I usually don't complete them. But I sure enjoy the brainstorming and accomplishing at least a few things. For me, without such a list, I don't do as much. The list helps me stay on track - a tiny bit.
    There are so many things on your list I'd like to incorporate MORE into my life (crafting, cooking, restaurants, visiting, walking).
    I have a 60 challenges list (because I turned 60 this year). And friend is doing her own 60's list. We try to talk once a week to see where we are on our lists. I am wayyyyy behind. But I am enjoying the process.
    Good luck and may you enjoy yur process.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.