Friday 4 November 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 4/11/22


I was feeling a bit sorry for myself last Friday as I was getting over a nasty tummy bug so I didn't get here to post so I have 2 weeks of faves to look back on today.  Thanks to our host Susanne for reminding us every week to find the good things in our week.  You can find other posts here:  Living to Tell the Story

1)  Time with our eldest son and his family.  They arrived the Sunday before last and were here until last Friday.  They were out and about quite a bit but it's always so lovely to have quality time with them all.

2)  A halloween party.  My DIL organised a party for all the cousins while they were here - they do love getting together.  We had it at my house but it involved very little effort on my part and it was lovely to see the Grandkids enjoying themselves so much.



3)  Hubby had his minor surgery at the beginning of last week and his recovery has gone well.  Such a relief to finally get it over and done with as it had been postponed a couple of times due to his fall and then an infection.

4)  Grateful that I've felt better this week and able to get out for a couple of walks.  We're in "Welly" season now though.  We've had lots of rain over the past week or so and the forest is very muddy.  The water level in the river was also the highest I've seen it yesterday.






5)  Grateful that Granddaughter Ella seems to be improving - she had another visit to A & E this week which involved an overnight stay here for Nathan.  Fortunately they didn't keep her in.  Thankful that we live close to them now so we're able to help out.

Have a good weekend all.


14 comments:

  1. Wow, when I look at the pictures of your grandchildren they have become so tall !! I remember when we met, they weren't even born ! How cute they look in their Halloween costumes. In Holland they only start to know Halloween. Here this year I saw a bit more. I am surprised to read that it rained so much lately ! We haven't seen any rain for weeks ! It was like summer always around 20° and sunshine. Today is the first "cold" day the temperature dropped to 10° and I had to put the heating on for the first time this year !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been cold here either but just wet! Yes the grandchildren are growing too fast.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry that you had that tummy bug and I'm glad that you're feeling better. Now that our weather is cooler, I really need to get out and walk more. Your photos are lovely. I'm glad that your granddaughter is improving. And that you're able to help out during circumstances like that. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun seeing your houseful of grandchildren. Like, Gattina, I remember when your first one was born. I miss having mine all together at my house, it doesn't happen often enough.

    Love the term Welly weather:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. We don't get them all together that often but it's a lot of fun when we do.

      Delete
  4. Good times with your grands! How fun to celebrate Halloween with the cousins together!! Glad hubby's surgery went well and that you are feeling better, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. "welly weather".....SOOOO very British! :)
    How fun to have time with your grandchildren. I hope I have some one day.
    Glad your husband's surgery went well and that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha yes wellies are an essential when walking through the forest right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. Judging by the huge smiles I'd say the kids had great fun at their party. Glad your hubby finally got his surgery and his recovery is going well. Love the pictures of your forest walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to have all the grands together for a Halloween party. And to have others take care of all the details. :-) I'm glad you're feeling better and your husband was able to have his surgery--and that your granddaughter didn't have to be kept at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing all the photos. I love the Halloween Party. :-) Oh the walk in the woods, I'd love to walk with you.
    Sending get well wishes to your husband.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very late responding to FFF...been traveling.
    I know you are actually glad to have the rain since it has been so dry there.
    Glad to hear that your husband is doing so well.
    What a fun time with the grands! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.