Thursday 24 November 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 23/11/22


It's been a while since I joined in with one of these and I'm a day late but here goes:

1. Have you ever been on a cruise? If so where did you go and how did you like it? If not, do you have any desire to take a cruise someday? 

Yes I've been on a cruise up the coast of Norway which was lovely.  The scenery was beautiful and it was great visiting various towns without having to constantly unpack and repack our cases.  

2. Tell us about your Thanksgiving plans...are you hosting? cooking? eating out? turkey or some other main? is it stuffing or dressing in your house? homemade cranberries or cranberries in a can? are pies on the dessert menu? what kind? what are your 'must have' sides? Tell us one thing you're especially grateful for this year.

No Thanksgiving plans for us here in the UK but I expect our American DIL will have something planned for my son and 2 grandsons.  Unfortunately, as she is a teacher, they cannot make a visit home to her family at this time of year.  We did all manage to get to Vermont in 2018 when Grandson Rory was just a baby and DIL was still on maternity leave.

I'm grateful that this year we're all fit and well and although Covid is still about life has returned to a lot of normality.

3. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money 'in a tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?

We support quite a lot of charities year round that includes one that works with the homeless so I'm less likely to put money in a cup on the street although hubby often will.

4. Have you started decorating for Christmas? Is your tree up? Shopping done? Wrapped? 

No, no, no and no!  Although in the UK many people do not start decorating/putting trees up until 1st December at least.  I do have my Christmas cards ready to be written - just need to remember where I put them!

5. Create your own acrostic using the word THANKS. 

Thanksgiving isn't a holiday

Here in the UK

Although the sentiment is appreciated and

Nothing should be taken for granted

Kindness is important

So Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends

6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

A chaotic week here - 2 bedrooms being decorated so house is upside down and I have an extra day of Grandsitting tomorrow thanks to a teacher training day.  Who said retirement meant an easy life? lol

Oh and the biggest thanks go to Joyce over at "From this side of the pond" for hosting the Hodgepodge each week.  Visit her site to see the regular participants.

7 comments:

  1. Wendy, thanks for joining in and for your greetings to us here in the US celebrating Thanksgiving. I came down with Covid last Sunday after visiting with family at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Three of them have it now, too. It hasn't been worse than a cold. No fever or flu symptoms so kind of crazy. I guess my five jabs are working for me. My five day quarantine is almost done. The crowds there were huge. I've gone 32 months without getting it so I guess it's my turn. Tell us more about your bedrooms being decorated!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Glad you haven't been too ill with Covid. Hope you're soon fully recovered.

      Delete
  2. What a great acrostic! I would rather support the charities by mail as well although my hubby has been known to give cash to the occasional homeless person. Nicely done post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your acrostic : ) I feel like we hurry into the Christmas season a little earlier every year and as a result you can feel like you're behind when it's still November. It's crazy. I love Thanksgiving and like to wait until after that date to really decorate. Hope you're having a nice weekend! Oh, and I agree retirement is exhausting some days lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel behind when it comes to Christmas lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.