Friday 29 March 2024

I might not have been blogging because .......

I've been doing a lot of reading!

  • The Women by Kristin Hannah
  • Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult
  • The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
  • All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers
  • The Paris Secret by Karen Swan
  • Atlas by Lucinda Riley
  • The Only Suspect by Louise Candlish
  • One Day With You by Shari Low
  • Sleep by C.L. Taylor
  • Bleeding Heart Yard by Elly Griffiths
  • Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle
  • The Serial Killer’s Daughter by Alice  Hunter
  • Die Trying by Lee Child















Here is a quick summary starting from the top:

The Women - set during the Vietnam War and after, it follows 3 nurses who were in Vietnam.  Filled in a lot of blanks in my knowledge but felt it focussed on 1 character too much. 

Mad Honey - Jodi Picoult tackling another tricky subject - no spoilers but it's co-written with Jennifer Finney Boylan - if you don't know who she is look her up and it will give you an idea what the book will cover.  It's well done and as usual looks at things from different points of view.

The Storyteller - another Picoult, this one is about the Holocaust.  Again it takes different POVs .

All Good People Here - a police procedural switching between a recent crime and one in the past.  I liked it but, be warned, it has a very abrupt ending.

The Paris Secret - an ok book about a secret apartment discovered in Paris.  The romantic part didn't quite work for me.

Atlas - The Story of Pa Salt - the final instalment of Lucinda Riley's Seven Sisters series.  Great book but a bit predictable.  Unfortunately written by her son following Lucinda's death from cancer.

The Only Suspect - A good crime thriller with a great twist but one of the characters was very annoying!

One Day with You - only took me a day to read this.  Loved it.

Sleep - well I must have been asleep when I read it the first time as I didn't realise until I went to log it on Goodreads that this was a re-read for me.

Bleeding Heart Yard - the next in a series I've been reading - cosy crime thriller but entertaining.

Twice Shy - this one grew on me.  Nice feel good book but the time line was a bit unconvincing.

The Serial Killer's Daughter - Not a bad thriller but felt rushed in places.

Die Trying - it's a Jack Reacher book - what more do I need to say?

For more details, full reviews etc check out my Goodreads page here.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! Wow, you have been doing a lot of reading. The only one of those books I have read is All Good People Here. It thought it was pretty good. Hope you are having a nice spring. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. Glad the reason was a productive one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I haven't found a book I like in so long!! Thanks for the reviews, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.