Friday 8 March 2024

Friday's Fave Five - 8/3/24


Well it's been 2 weeks since I've been here so I should have lots to be grateful for.  Susanne is the host for this weekly link up - you can find her here.

1.  Getting back into the swing of things after the bout of Covid - I've been doing more walking and I've done 3 more sessions of the Couch to Fitness programme.

2.  A brief visit with Hubby's sister and her husband who live in France.  They were over last week and came to us on Friday afternoon.  They'd spent their week trying to catch up with all the siblings here, no mean feat.

3.  Wellies!  We have had so much rain lately that the paths around the lake and the nearby golf course are like quagmires in places.  Hubby and I managed a walk one afternoon when it wasn't raining but we absolutely needed our wellies.

4.  A hubby that cooks.  Something I often mention but it does make my life so much easier.  (Although I do usually have to remind him to decide what to cook especially if it means getting something out of the freezer to defrost! lol)

5.  A few dryer days!  We've even had decent spells of sunshine this week but it's been quite chilly.  I did a walk ending up at the shops today to pick up a few bits and wished I'd worn a hat!

Well nothing startling there - I did also have a Knit and Natter session last week and my regular sessions at the Foodbank.  We also babysat Nathan and Ella last Saturday.  We'll be seeing them on Sunday along with Rory and Vinny as we're all going out for a meal as it's Mother's Day here in the UK.  It probably won't be very relaxing but I do love seeing them and they enjoy seeing each other too.

Have a good weekend all.


15 comments:

  1. How wonderful your husband loves to cook! That surely is a blessing. It's good to hear that you're back feeling normal from Covid. How nice you had a visit from your family from France. I smiled when I read your remark about wellies. My late husband was born and raised in England and he still used all those phrases that you are familiar with like crisps for potato chips and even plimsols for sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we're definitely wellies and crisps here although plimsols are more likely to be called trainers now.

      Delete
  2. I am guessing that wellies are rainboots? I have a husband that cooks too and it is nice! I do cook certain things, but he enjoys it more than I do. Nice that you work at a foodbank. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes wellies are rainboots.

      Delete
  3. Aw...I didn't know England had Mothers Day so early in the year! Ours is in May. Enjoy the time with your children and grands.

    My husband cooks a few meals too and it's always appreciated although this week i am on my own so i'll be eating more salads and tofu :)

    Getting outside, even with rubber boots (wellies) is wonderful for the mind, body and soul!

    Have a restful weekend and enjoy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better and back to regular activities. It's neat your husband's sister and brother-in-law could visit from France. I love when someone else cooks. It's been rainy here, but supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you!
    I feel like we must be neighbors, with the same weather. Our hubbies would enjoy cooking together and we could sit and knit while they make dinner.
    Wellies are a definite blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we would find plenty to talk about.

      Delete
    2. Hi Wendy. I think I posted my first comment without finishing it. So glad you got over Covid and are getting back to normal. We had snow here last weekend, but sunshine this weekend. It's so helpful to have a hubby who cooks and helps with household chores. It's always fun to see what you are up to. I hope you have a good week.

      Delete
  6. I also have to wear boots (not wellies) as it is so wet ! After two days of sunshine it rains again ! Dario was here the whole Saturday and installed youTube in my TV. Now I am happy I can watch films I want. You will certainly have a nice Motherday, I will probably be alone, but that doesn't bother me. I was quite tired when he left, he stayed the whole day her with me in the castle, he likes it very much and explored the park ! We played Boccia in the meanwhile. I am so busy that I have hardly time to do my shopping which is still grapes and mandarins. I really feel on holidays, if only this awful weather would change !! Toby didn't come, he was sick, I think he preferred to stay home with his friends at nearly 14 a grandma is not so interesting and now he also gets a deep voice, that's so strange !

    ReplyDelete
  7. We get quite a bit of rain here in the month of February and I've worn my wellies often. I love them, so easy to slip on and comfy too. I used to have the tall ones, but opted to get the shorter style and they're so much better for me. We just saw two of our grandchildren over the weekend as we took my mother-in-law to meet the newest little one on her 88th birthday. It was a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hubby who cooks is a great help indeed. I couldn't live without the defrost cycle of my microwave. LOL. Glad you were able to get out about in spite of the wet and chill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Happy Mother's Day!!! We are in for a snowstorm here, I will be needing my winter boots... I had put them away because we had a stretch of very warm weather.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.