Monday 1 April 2024

A - Z Challenge 2024 - A is for Arts & Culture Trail


#AtoZChallenge 2024 badge A 
Well it looks like I'm doing it again, despite a lot of dithering and a distinct lack of blogging recently AND no theme reveal, here we go:

Well there is a theme - My Local Area.  We've been here 3 1/2 years now so I can safely say we're settled  so hopefully I'll find things to write about for each letter but I'm totally winging it at the moment - it's nearly 11pm on the 31st March so I have my work cut out for me.  Not sure how detailed or fancy my posts will be but I'm giving it a go!

My area?  Highams Park which is in the borough of Waltham Forest in North East London, (UK) a little known place that nestles between Chingford and Woodford that most people only come to if they have a specific reason to - if not we usually get bypassed.  Suits us.

This map shows where the London Boroughs are

And this is my borough - Waltham Forest

There are lots of events organised throughout the year - there is a very active group known as the Highams Park Planning Group who are on top of everything and keep us informed.

One of the big events is the Arts & Culture Trail that takes place in May.  Run over 2 weeks there will be lots of things going on including exhibitions of local artists' work, music performances, and the annual Spring Festival which will be a fun day at the park and include a dog show.  There is also a Vintage event taking place and lots more. We even have our own local radio station which I'm sure will be doing broadcasts to tie in with the Trail events.  Full details haven't been announced yet but it's an event to look forward to.

8 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you would be participating this year. Glad to see that you will be. An Arts & Culture trail seems the perfect way to wind down after this year's A to Z Challenge. https://dave-homeschooldad.blogspot.com/2024/04/a-to-z-2024-is-for-adult-children.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully I'll make it to the end!

      Delete
  2. I thought I know all boroughs at least by name, but Waltham Forest I have never heard or seen in the Tube ! And I have been so often in London when my son lived in Norwood Junction from 1989 on for 10 years. We have the same suicide weather, always grey, humid, windy and cool and rain of course ! I have to walk half an hour each day in our park, but I can't do it because of the awful weather !
    so I have to wander through the castle corridors because at least it's dry... Easter was quiet no schoolchildren showed up, the weather was too bad. Next weekend is for the residents and relatives and friends. I must say even if you have the best optimistic character, slowly this weather gets on my nerves !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to your Challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds like a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good start, Wendy!! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good start to this year's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.