Friday, 7 August 2026

Friday's Fave Five - 7/8/26


Well it is still just about Friday here in the UK so I'm trying to type fast to get this post done on before the stroke of midnight.

Yes I'm up late.  It's been a busy week so even more important to stop and remember the good things.  Thankfully our host Susanne reminds us each week and we link up here.

1) My knees seem to be improving.  I've had problems with them in the past and I've found going up and down stairs can aggravate them.  This week however I've been at the Foodbank several times and the back entrance which we use for bringing in deliveries is down a flight of 6 steps.  Twice this week I've had to shift the empty food crates from outside the back door, i.e. at the bottom of the steps, up to the gate for the delivery van to collect them.  That's involved going up and down the steps quite a few times and I noticed that my knees were not protesting at all.  I'm assuming this has been helped by the collagen supplement I've been taking.  

2)  An abundance of food again at the Foodbank.  We've even been able to bring pizzas home as volunteers this week.  We had so many and no freezer space for them which was lucky on Thursday as Hubby had texted me to say he hadn't got anything out of the freezer for dinner. I was able to tell him dinner was sorted.

3)  A Hubby that cooks.  Even in the heat we've been having he's still just got on and cooked dinner every day.  Of course I get all the clearing up but I've been leaving that until it's started to cool down a bit in the evening.

4)  An active local community.  There are plans being put forward to develop the area right by our station.  The developers are proposing 5 blocks of studio apartments that will be 6-7 storeys high and will be for rental.  This will house about 360 single people.  There was a consultation meeting at the library last Saturday and there was a good turn out from local people.  It was clear that most people do not want this sort of development as it will really change the area.  I'm sure when the formal planning application is submitted there are going to be a lot of objections.

5)  A cooler day today but still warm enough to dry all the washing outside!

Have a good weekend all.


2 comments:

  1. I had pizza tonight and so have several bloggers!! Friday used to always be pizza night for us, so it's a nice memory for me, too! I enjoyed your five favorites from your week! Praise God the food bank is doing so well and can help so many (including the volunteers!)!! Have a happy weekend and week ahead, Wendy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, Nice that you got a lot of food for the food bank. Glad your knees are feeling better. It is nice when the hubby cooks. My husband cooks the meats and I do the veggies. I hope it works out for the development, Maybe they can find a new site. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.