Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 12/826


It's Wednesday so it's the Hodgepodge.  Questions are provided by Joyce at From this side of the pond.  Thank you Joyce.  We prepare our answers and then the link up is here.  Why not join in the fun?

1. I saw a meme on Instagram that went like this-'
The movie Dirty Dancing came out in 1987 and was set in 1963, so if remade in 2026 it would be set in 2002. Now I need a little lie down in a dark room for a while." 

Time is crazy isn't it? So...what were you up to in the year 2002? 

Ha initially I was going to say I was chasing around after a 6 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old then I redid the maths and realised the kids would have been 16, 14 and 12 so I was still probably chasing around after then with my Mum cab.  I was also back working full time so life was busy.

2. "Me? I'm scared of everything..." What's something that scares you that you'd like to try anyway? 

If something is scary I'm probably walking away lol.

3. Watermelon-yay or nay? Which melon is your favourite-watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. Of the watermelon food/beverages listed which would you say yes to...

watermelon salsa~watermelon feta salad~watermelon sorbet~
a watermelon Jolly Rancher~a watermelon margarita 

My favourite would be cantaloupe.  I'm not a great fan of watermelon but it is refreshing, especially in this hot summer we're having.  We tend not to do anything fancy with it other than work out the best way to cut and serve it.

4. August 12th is National Middle Child Day. Are you a middle child? If not, where do you fall in the birth order in your family of origin? Do you think this has influenced your personality? Elaborate. 

I am the youngest of 3 (2 older brothers) but there are big age gaps between us so I grew up feeling more like an only child.  I think this left me quiet and introverted.

5. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time, or have a significant conversation with two people? Explain. 

Do I have to do either lol.  (See above.)  Crowded parties are often not the best place for conversations so probably I'd just chat to people for a short time and then move on.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The heat wave continues.  I feel like I'm melting most of the time.


6 comments:

  1. I see some similarities between us:) No thank you on watermelon, I would prefer NOT to even be at a party, and the question about being afraid — well, I’m afraid of a number of things, and have NO desire to try them anyway, lol! Deathly afraid of heights, so that eliminates mountain climbing and sky diving. I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so very hot here in Alabama, too. I see on your profile where you're a member of 2 book clubs. Have you heard of the Silent Book Club? That's something I only discovered recently (on Facebook).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been surprised at the number of people today who say they don't care for watermelon. I'll walk away with you : ) Stay cool! It's been really hot here too, but we have a lot of ac. Course it's running all the time and the bill is insane, but we're cool. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life does sound busy for you in 2002!
    I am not a massive fan of watermelon but could just eat some now! It's too hot out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2002 was a busy year for many of us!! Seems like yesterday, and seems like 50 years ago! LOL I enjoyed your answers, Wendy! Joyce never lets us down for a fun and interesting Hodgepodge!! Blessings! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i wcxb to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i wantbccbx to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to xcbd1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i waxcbnt to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i waxnt to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i cb to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i wbcxant to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1cxcxbe i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e i want to d1e

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.