Wednesday 22 March 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 22/3/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?
Well it was slightly mad this past weekend.  My son and his wife were down from Nottingham with their new fur babies – 2 retired greyhounds, Joe and Ness.  They are big dogs!  On Sunday the girls came over too so we were all here for dinner and games and just good family time.  Plus there were several drop ins from friends who wanted to catch up with Matt (and meet the dogs!)  It was hectic but lovely.
2. What's a favourite made up word from your childhood or a favourite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.
Well more going back to my hubby’s childhood than mine.  He would transpose words or swap the first letters of names so that I’d be Jendy Wakob or Ydnew Bokaj or just sing things backwards – his favourite was window the in doggy that is much how?  He could sing the whole thing through and in time!  When he was recovering from his accident and head injury and a doctor asked his name he responded with Salohcin Bokaj – the doctor looked worried but we all knew he was going to be fine!
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-
clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets
Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?
Kitchen cabinets and windows.  Yes I will get them done – we have visitors coming next month.  There are a lot of things on my to do list right now! lol
4. A favourite movie set in Paris or New York?
Well google is great for info so I googled films set in New York to refresh my memory for this and according to Time Out New York’s list of the top 100  I hadn’t actually seen that many.  One that I did enjoy near the top (#12) was Saturday Night Fever and a couple of others I would rate as good films were Kramer vs. Kramer and Serpico. 
5. What's put a spring in your step this month?
Some sunny days where I’ve just had to get out for a walk.
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
I toyed with the idea but I didn’t feel I had the presence for keeping 30 kids under control.
7.  What's your favourite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?
I love roses and freesia and I like to have freesia in the house when I can.  Not mad about florals in food or in wine.  I mostly drink red but hubby likes a few white that could definitely be described as having floral notes!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was the recipient of a lovely random act of kindness today.  My cousin likes to promote kindness so I was delighted to receive a surprise package from her.  Made my day 😊

5 comments:

  1. Unexpected kindnesses are the best! My daughter has a greyhound. She is on the small side for a greyhound, and very gentle and well behaved, but it is a bit like having a deer in the house : ) Their legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed those greyhounds are for getting a new forever home :)
    Enjoy your surprise package! That was such a sweet gesture from your cousin.

    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to receive a surprise package! It's interesting that you have greyhound rescues over there too. I've been worried about you with the news we've had regarding the terrorist attack. I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I too like freesia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. surprise packages are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.