Wednesday's Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond". Pop over there to see who is playing and how to join in. If you do join in remember to visit your neighbour on the Linky List. Have fun.
1. Five years ago this month hubs and I relocated from New Jersey to the Palmetto State. What were you doing five years ago this month?
Relaxing at home and planning for our annual family get together at the end of the month. Unfortunately that won't be happening this year thanks to the pandemic. Gatherings of more than 30 people are not permitted and the accommodation is closed. :(
2. What was the last 9-5 job you worked? Tell us about it.
I was a School Business Manager for the primary school that my kids (and their Dad) had attended. My youngest was in his last term there when I took the job so it didn't cause any issues. I loved that job but unfortunately new management made it become unbearable so I left in 2015. I'm a lady of leisure now although not yet retired and of course my family, especially the Grandkids keep me busy. The job also involved responsibility for Health & Safety and I'm really glad I'm not having to do the endless risk assessments that must be needed at the moment as schools prepare to reopen fully in September.
3. Plead the fifth, high five, take five, it's five o'clock somewhere, or the big 5-0...which number five phrase relates to your life in some way currently? Tell us how.
I think take five. We're in the throes of moving house and sometimes I just need to "take five" to get away from that lol
4. During this season of spending so much time at home, what distractions get in the way of being your most productive? Or have you been extra productive since this whole thing started?
How much time have you got? Am I being productive? On and off. Am I easily distracted? Definitely. The television. The internet - especially social media. My phone with it's constant stream of messages - large family whatsapp groups can be very time consuming. Thank goodness you can turn off any annoying chimes every time a message comes through! I'm hoping once we get to the point of exchanging contracts on our move this will give me the kick up the backside I feel I need. And of course once we're in the new house there will be lots to do.
5. Give us a list here of your top five anything.
Well you get a bonus here - in no particular order these are the books I've given 5* to so far this year.
- Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
- Saving Missy - Beth Morrey
- The Other Half of Augusta Hope - Joanna Glen
- Cilka's Journey - Heather Morris
- The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak
- The Silent Patient - Alex Michaelides
- Half a World Away - Mike Gayle
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I checked out the spelling of "throes" earlier just to be sure and was a bit surprised at the meaning - intense or violent pain and struggle, especially accompanying birth, death, or great change.
I guess moving does mean great change! It's also definitely intense and a struggle. Hopefully it won't involve violent pain.