Wednesday 21 March 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge 21/3/18



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond
Pop over there to see other posts and join in - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. On this first official day of spring tell us something (besides the weather) you're looking forward to in this season of the year.
Several birthdays – my hubby and daughter both have birthdays in Spring and this year we will be celebrating Grandson Nathan’s for the first time!
2. When it comes to spring cleaning would you rather wash windows or wash baseboards? Clean out closets or clean out the garage? Dust ceiling fans or dust bookcases? Wipe down the patio furniture outside or wipe down the light fixtures inside? Any of these tasks recently completed?
None of those are appealing and thankfully I don’t have a garage or any ceiling fans.  Jobs are on hold at the moment until my son and his wife move out but I did go through my wardrobe recently and clear out a lot of clothes that I hadn’t worn for ages.
3. Your favourite thing to make/eat that calls for cream cheese? Sour cream? Whipped cream?
Baked cheesecake.  Especially a chocolate version.  And you can’t have Banoffee Pie without whipped cream.  Sour cream on chicken fajitas please.

4. I read here a list of commonly mispronounced words. What is a word that gives you trouble when it comes to pronunciation?
Well I would definitely have got some of those wrong but I’m not aware of any glaring problems.  My hubby is a bit of a pedant so he would pull me up on any errors.  He’s finally got me saying “different from” rather than “different to” but I still get fewer and less muddled at times.
5. What's a song you love with the word 'rain' in the title or lyrics?

Singing in the rain.  I love that
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
Quiet here on my blog as we were away for the weekend celebrating our son’s 30th birthday.  All the siblings, hubby and me, plus Nathan and our son’s 2 greyhounds.  We rented a barn in Norfolk and spent quality time together – the snowy weather prevented us from doing much else!
 We didn't have a selfie stick so had to rely on a timer and a precariously balanced phone for a group shot. I think Nathan was distracted by the dogs!

3 comments:

  1. Birthdays are fun! Our family doesn't have any spring birthdays. I need to go through my kids' drawers and get rid of things that don't fit. And I guess I should inventory my spring clothing before the nice weather arrives. You have a lovely family!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - Spring is here! I love cheesecake too. One of my favorite indulgences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great weekend together. Your grandson is so cute!
    Chocolate Cheescake...now I'm so hungry for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.