Friday 6 September 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 6/9/19

Well once again it's two weeks since I've done a Friday post so I'm grateful to be here, pausing to think of 5 good things from the past week (or two!).  As always this meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there for more details and to see who else is taking part.

Here are my 5 for this week:

1)  Holiday time with extended family.  Getting away with hubby's family is a regular thing for the end of August.  We love getting together, even if it is a bit chaotic and noisy.  For some pics see my previous post here.

2)  2 free bottles of wine!  Hubby often buys wine from our local Majestic Wine store so he's on their mailing list.  He had a letter saying that to celebrate a new venture they were giving regular clients a free bottle of wine.  Of course he went to claim it but was told at the store the offer was a free bottle if you bought 6.  Well buying 6 bottles is no hardship for hubby but he was a bit put out.  Especially when he got home to discover that yes, in the VERY small print on the back of the letter it states that in order to claim your free bottle you have to make a purchase of......ONE bottle.  Well he rattled off an email complaining about the whole episode and today they dropped off another free bottle!

3)  A successful shopping trip.  I'm going away soon with my cousins and I needed a new swimming costume (or two).   I also wanted some flip flops to wear around the pool.  I managed to get both today which was good as lots of the stores now have their autumn and winter clothing ranges in so swimwear choice was quite limited.

4)  More additions to the garden.  I've added a bird feeding station and an ornamental butterfly.  I also took down my rotary airer.  Typically hubby spotted the bird feeding station and noticed the hole where the airer had been but not that the airer was gone!

5)  No lasting damage done to Rory.  He's started walking now.  Just a few steps between the furniture etc but on Wednesday while I was looking after him he overbalanced and managed to hit his head on their wooden rocking chair.  It was one of those awful moments when you dread picking them up to see what damage has been done.  Of course he screamed the place down and there was a small mark on his forehead which was obviously going to bruise but he let me hold an ice pack on it and fortunately he seemed ok afterwards.  I felt bad but of course I know these things will happen.  

This was afterwards.  He does love looking at his books.

 
 
Have a good weekend all.



8 comments:

  1. When I was about Rory's age, I was always being brought to the emergency room for stitches. Dad finally said to Mom, "we'd better have another one, I don't think this one will last!" I turned out (more or less) fine, and so will he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..the learning to walk stage! So fun! And often so clumsy with boo boos! Glad the little one is ok!
    How fun to have a new swim suit at the end of the summer!

    I enjoy having a bird feeder especially in the winter when the spots of color are so pretty against the white snow! We tend to get a lot of Cardinals and bluejays along with chickadees and nuthatches, which birds like your feeder?

    Have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an ordeal your husband had to go through to get the free wine. So glad that the six bottles were a welcome addition anyways.

    It is always great to be able to get the things you need for a trip, especially when you have to shop off season.

    Is the rotary airer a washing line? How funny that your husband didn't notice that it was missing. I'm not very observant and I'm sure I would've NOT noticed the missing airer or the new bird feeding station.

    So glad your sweet grandson is OK. He sure is a cutie. Does Rory already like you to read books to him?

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a nice end-of-summer holiday with your family!

    That's so frustrating to try to take advantage of a deal and then find out about the fine print. And then to have them wrong about the fine print on top of that! I'm glad they compensated him.

    It's great you could find new swimwear this time of year. Your garden additions sound fun.

    It does feel horrible when a grandchild is injured on our watch, but it happens. Glad he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awful when the grandchildren have a fall on your watch. You just feel so responsible. Sounds like you are off to warmer climes for your holiday. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad he was okay. Learning to walk can be bumpy business

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rory is adorable! I am glad he has no damage - that is the scariest part of watching them stand and run and grow...worrying about their well being! I am so happy you got to spend time with family and get that recharge! HUGS - have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Oh I just looked at the family fun. That is fantastic.
    I am glad all is alright after the tumble. I remember those times and feeling awful too. Sam rolled off the bed once, oh did I feel terrible. It all happens so fast.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.