Friday 27 September 2019

Review: The Doctor

The Doctor The Doctor by Lisa Stone
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

How much do you know about the couple next door?

When Emily and Ben move in next door to Dr Burman and his wife Anita, they are keen to get to know their new neighbours. Outgoing and sociable, Emily tries to befriend the doctor’s wife, but Anita is strangely subdued, barely leaving the house, and terrified of answering the phone.

When Emily goes missing a few weeks later, Ben is plunged into a panic. His wife has left him a note, but can she really have abandoned him for another man? Or has Emily’s curiosity about the couple next door led her straight into danger?


I read this for a book club otherwise I might not have finished it. I nearly listed it under fantasy as well as crime fiction etc but cryonics is a real thing. That's not a spoiler because that subject comes up on page 6 of the book.

It's a creepy book and I usually enjoy thrillers but there was just something about it that I didn't like. The characters felt a bit 2 dimensional to me. The writing didn't feel polished. Not everything seemed plausible. As for the twist at the end, that didn't work for me either.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. When do you find the time to read all this ?? I have never time anymore with my post reading ! Fortunately I have read a lot since a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take into account that once the company's hair have been repaired, they cannot need to preserve using the same product or service. beverly hills internal medicine

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.