Hey it's Friday and I'm here! Time to look back and reflect on the good things from the past week.
This meme is hosted by Susanne over at "Living to Tell the Story". Pop over there to see who else is taking part.
Here are mine:
1. The right to vote even if it didn't feel like I was making any difference and it was a dreadful night. Of course now that the Conservatives have won the election, with a much larger majority than, I think, anyone thought they would, hopefully Brexit will get done. Personally I voted to remain in the EU and I think the referendum was badly handly but, it has to be respected. Only time wil tell if it will be a good thing in the long term.
2. Wonderful nieces and nephews. Nick's parents had 23 grandchildren and they have all grown into lovely young people. This week one of them donated her stem cells which had been matched to someone who needs them. She had signed up for the registry fairly recently but a match had already been found. Hopefully the recipient's health will improve thanks to her.
3. A night out with former work colleagues. We usually do lunch taking it in turns to host but it was proving diffiult to find a day that worked for all of us so we opted to go out one evening instead. It was good to catch up.
4. A Christmas Concert. Our DIL sings in a choir and they always do a carol concert in December. We attended it last Sunday with our son, Rory, plus Nathan and his Mummies.
5. Being able to look after Rory for an extra day this week. He's had a rotten cold and cough and his parents took time off last week. I was able to step in for an extra day but thankfully he's better now and back at nursery.
I'm also grateful for duvet days - the extra day with Rory and catching his cold left me feeling exhausted yesterday and today so I've taken it easy. I'm grateful that I can do that.