Sunday 27 December 2020

20 in 20 - Final round up.


Well we're almost at the end of 2020 and I'm sure for many of us it can't come soon enough! Here's my final summary of my challenges of the year:

1. Fill out weekly/daily planner
Well this has suffered it a bit over the last few weeks but I have a shiny new book ready for 2021 so I will keep at it! ❌

2. Garden projects: Get window boxes for front garden plus big planters. Stepping stones for rear garden.

Well of course moving house changed all of the above. In my last post I mentioned the shed arriving. That's now full of our gardening equipment. We've also had the outdoor security lights replaced. Nothing much has happened but it's that time of year when the garden doesn't require much attention. ✅

3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
Oh goodness this is virtually impossible during the current pandemic. Of course we have had spells when we could have gone out but given we are not so young anymore and we've had 3 pregnant DILs to consider we have been very cautious about being out and about. So this is a definite fail.❌

4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
The final total still stands at 3.❌

5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
Done ✅

6. Plan Family weekend for my birthday
Next year? ❌

7. Take up an exercise class
Not happening! ❌

8. Plan a road trip/holiday with hubby.

9. Visit the beach

10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
Done! Currently on book #72. Full details can be found on my Goodreads page here. ✅

11. Keep a gratitude diary

12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
November and December were not good months for blogging. Overall I've done as much blogging as last year but I haven't done as well with original posts as I'd have liked. ❌

13. Take a photo each week and blog about it.

Well I managed 38 out of 52 and I did take more photos, I just didn't get around to putting them into a blog. ❌

14. Read 12 books on my TBR pile.
Completed! ✅

15. Finish knitting WIP (blanket of squares)
Well I didn't touch my blanket of squares but I did make a blanket for each of the 3 new grandbabies that I had no inkling of when I set this objective so I'm giving myself a ✅

16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each month
I made sausage rolls for Christmas. Does that count? This was another ❌

17. Visit/see Noah every month
Of course this has been out of our control but it hasn't made it any easier to cope with.

18. Get damp treatment done in house
This became redundant when we moved house!

19. Maintain weight
Not sure what Christmas might have done with this but giving myself a ✅

20. Be kind to myself. Whilst I think it's good to set myself challenges sometimes life gets in the way or I just have days where I really can't be bothered. I need to accept this and not be hard on myself when things don't go to plan.
Ha! If only I'd known in January how true this would turn out to be! ✅

Overall looks like 7/20 (35%) but of course the pandemic, moving house and new babies did have a big effect on 2020.

Well hindsight is a wonderful thing and had I known in January how the year was going to pan out my targets would have been very different. I've decided to go ahead with 21 in 21 but it's going to take some thought to allow for this continuing pandemic.

10 comments:

  1. I am interested to know how the vaccines are doing over there, since you got them sooner than we did here. It will probably be spring before any of the older 'general' population can get vaccinated and I'm still not sure if I want it. You did pretty well on your 20 in 20, all things considered. Wishing you and yours and all of us a healthy and better new year! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Terri. And thanks for all your visits and comments during 2020. Much appreciated. The vaccine we have at the moment seems to be being rolled out ok. Initially to those over 80 and residents of care homes. We hope to be called in late spring but time will tell. Hopefully the "Oxford" vaccine will get approval very soon and that will make things much easier as it doesn't have the same storage issues (need for extrememly low temperatures) as the Pfizer one does. The situation is getting worse here - we're back to a "Stay at home" level - and cases seem to be rising out of control so the sooner everyone can be vaccinated the better.

      Delete
  2. You did really well on your goals. This has sure been a crazy year. Hoping for a more normal 2021! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got into weight reduction in the last two months of the year. Let me see if I succeed this year. Two more kg if I have go down, I can feel good.
    Happy to inform the success of Online Handbook of Industrial Engineering - 2019 Version - Narayana Rao A to Z 2020 Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did well Wendy. It is 2020 after all. Ha! And in all honesty you did a lot in a year with so many challenges. Well Done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know it is good to make plans. I do that as well but I don't feel compelled to reach 100%! In fact I never reach 100%. And I am ok with that. Your point about moving and the pandemic is very true. During normal times I bet you would have completed more. 2020 was kind of a hard year. Things are bound to be better in 2021!! (Fingers crossed that it will be better.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it has to be better and I'm happy with what I achieved in the circumstances.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.