Friday 4 December 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 4/12/20


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  It's a lovely reminder to sit down and think back on the week and find things to be grateful for.  Pop over to Susanne's site to see who else is taking part.

I last posted here 3 weeks ago.  We've had a busy time and were away from home for 2 weeks and I just didn't have the energy, or time really for blogging.  I haven't even really kept up with what others have been posting so apologies for that.

BUT, I do have lots to be thankful for as follows:

1)  A Granddaughter!  


 More photos here

Ella Susan was born on 17 November.  I keep joking that she's either going to be a Princess, bossing all the 5 grandsons around, or she'll be a complete tomboy and wanting to join in with them all.  Time will tell.

2)  Thanksgiving dinner with our son and our American DIL


Our DIL provided us with a lovely meal.  Rory was really excited to see us and we had a lovely time.  And cuddles with Vinny!

3)  Coping with Nathan.   His Mummies were in the hospital for several nights after his baby sister Ella was born so we moved in to their house and looked after Nathan 24/7.  It was the first time we had looked after him overnight let alone several days and nights but he was actually ok.  Of course there were a few tears when he wanted Mummies but generally he was much better than I'd anticipated but of course regular Facetime/WhatsApp video sessions helped.

He was happy to be bathed but hair washing definitely didn't happen.  Probably just as well - look at his lovely curls!

4)  Lockdown is over, a vaccine has arrived and we can get together with the family at Christmas!

We're still being very cautious and trying to stay safe but, all being well, our eldest son and family will be with us for a few days at Christmas and the others will join us.  Can't wait!

5)  Beautiful flowers from my daughter and DIL

A thank you for having Nathan and then staying to help out when they first came home with baby Ella.  Sadly Vicky's Mum died some years ago and of course at a time like this she is sorely missed.  Ella's middle name of Susan is after her departed Grandmother.

We were there 2 weeks in all so I'm also thankful for sleeping in my own bed now.

Have a good weekend all.






13 comments:

  1. Happy for you that you can be with family at Christmas!! We aren't there yet, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel now. It will be fun to see how a little girl fits in with all those boys! I was the only girl in my family, with three brothers. I certainly had no illusions about boys as I grew up, unlike some of my friends who had only sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you, Wendy, but am happy to read all this great news and to see these fabulous photos!! Welcome home! I love Nathan's curls!! Hooray for your ending lockdown! We don't have a vaccine here yet but it is coming soon. We are in the 3rd eligible group to get the vaccinations so it will still be a while for us. Do keep us posted on how it goes there, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were busy! Such cute babies. Glad you were able to spend some time with all the kids. Lots to be thankful for, for sure.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on that beautiful new granddaughter! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very surprised that your lockdown is over and you can celebrate Christmas together ? I just read that your country has the worst number of death in whole Europe (now we are the good once) and the vaccin will only arrive ! Anyway I am happy for you, because here we have lots of suicides the hairdressers are closed and we are allowed to have ONE person at Christmas !!! I also was surprised that you could travel, we can but we have to be tested before ! How nice that you could see your grandchildren I won't see Toby ! I am quite upset our prime minister is a stupid guy, with these rules many people will break them !! Can you help me ? The comments don't arrive in my email anymore as we once had before and I don't remember what I have to do !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your beautiful granddaughter! How wonderful that you were all able to be together. My daughter is expecting a daughter in the middle of January and I am every so hopeful that we will be able to go and see her. I pray that this horrible COVID will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to be around family during this Pandemic - such a joy to have a brand new member to cuddle.

    The US is behind you on the vaccine. Although it will be available this month, the staged roll out would reach me until Spring most likely. But won't life be wonderful when we can put Covid-19 in the same category as the flu - get a yearly vaccination and live a normal life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for a tomboy who tries to keep up with all those brothers and cousins! Congrats to your whole family!
    You've earned a gold star in grandparenting for caring for Nathan.
    Your Christmas will be wonderful! All the family and in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for a new granddaughter after so many boys!! ENJOY the shopping....I hope I get to be a grammy one day!

    Good for England for lifting the lockdown. wash hands, wear a mask, and PRAY!! that's my motto!
    (although we are seeing some spikes in cases her in eastern ny but then again it IS flu season and cold season and of course viruses spread more in colder months). Thank GOD for a vaccine. Not sure i'll get it but we shall see.

    Have a wonderful weekend of sleeping in your own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congrats Wendy! How many grandchildren do you have now? I have none (and none in sight). What a year to have a baby - so tough for all concerned and many worries I am sure. Still the end is in sight now. Take care now and get the tinsel up for that family Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Ella! How precious! Sounds like a perfect family time together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Days Wendy.. Ella is so sweet!! Oh, I do love Nathan's hair. I am so happy your lock down has been lifted.
    Happy Days indeed.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the new granddaughter! It was so nice you could be there to help out. I'm hoping the vaccines work well. We're at record high COVID numbers with hospitals filled almost to capacity. A lot of people here still aren't taking it seriously. I'm glad you have hope on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.