Saturday 19 December 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 18/12/20

Well when I sat down to prepare this post it was still Friday but the clock has since ticked over into Saturday.  A gap of 2 weeks again since I posted.  Days are flying by at the moment but that's why it's good to just stop for a moment and think about the good things going on (especially during these difficult times) and join in with Susanne at Living to tell the Story (and others) and share.

1)  Despite an absence of 2 weeks this post will bring my total posts this year to 241 - the same as in 2019 so that's a positive for me.  2019 was my best blogging year for a while so to equal that feels like an achievement and maybe, just maybe, I might get a couple more posts done before we welcome in 2021.

2)  Being part of the blogging community.  I was looking back over my last couple of posts just now and it was lovely to see lots of comments on them.  I haven't had much time lately to respond to them or leave comments elsewhere but I definitely appreciate knowing that I'm not alone!  

3)  Stamina.  We're still spending quite a bit of time at our daughter's house helping out with the new baby, the toddler and a Mummy who is still recovering, especially now our daughter is back at work.  At work being in the top floor bedroom and therefore in reach of the toddler who actually has been quite good about that, at least while Grandpa is there anyway.  With the travelling there and back these have been quite long days so I'm glad that I've been coping with it all but it is very tiring and I sit down in the evening having good intentions about posting a blog or at least visiting blogs but usually find myself falling asleep in front of the TV or just going to bed early.  Things are improving though and Ella is still being quite a good baby.  And of course it's lovely having time with her while she's so little. (Although she's gaining weight really well and seems heavier every time we go!)

4)  Covid restrictions are still being relaxed here in the UK for a short period over Christmas (23rd to 27th December) so we will still be able to get together as a family.  There has been a lot of debate about the wisdom of this, I could/should probably write a whole post about it.  However, we can get together with all our kids within the rules and it will give us the first opportunity for all the grandchildren, especially the new ones, to be together since I can't even remember when.  (Possibly back in February!)

5)  Plans coming together for Christmas - such as we now have a new fridge and freezer.  Hubby's hifi system is now set up and our TV is on the wall.  We have a new bed frame and the mattress is due to arrive on Sunday.  This will help with sleeping arrangements.  Online shopping making things easier.  My Christmas decorations are up!  My cards have been posted.  My to do list doesn't seem to get any shorter but I'm definitely ticking things off!






We even have lights outside.  Not a huge display but I felt the need to do something.  Our new area has lots and lots of houses that are decorated.  One road has even set up this:


We'll enjoy taking the little ones for a walk next week to see some of the displays.

Well, definitely time I was off to bed.

In case I don't get back here again before next week I wish you all a safe and happy Christmas, hopefully with those you love.

9 comments:

  1. I love your favorites this week. Have a safe and Merry Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you will be able to celebrate with your family! Florida is still open, for the most part. We are urged to keep gatherings small - not more than 10 - but the authorities are not going to enforce it in our state. We won't have more than four this year but that is how our Christmas is most years with our kids so far away and with jobs that don't allow them to travel during the holidays. Enjoy yours!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri, Merry Christmas to you and Joe too x

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you, Wendy! It's been quite a year and it's so nice that you can end it with all of your kids and grandkids together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do understand the days just rolling along and I don't even have a new grandbaby.
    Your Christmas decorations are lovely! We have just a few colored lights outside on our porch and we have a tree. That's about all.
    I know you are excited to have all the family together. That will be wonderful!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new home looks lovely in all it's Christmas finery! Congrats on your new grandbaby! Glad to hear Mommy and baby are doing good. How nice you can see your family at Christmas. Here my youngest is able to come home for Christmas because she's a student, single and would otherwise be alone. But my son and older daughter are not "allowed" so it's going to be very quiet. I can't even see my mom for Christmas who has been in hospital for a month now and I've not been allowed to go see during that time. You did great for blogging this last year!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.