Saturday 13 March 2021

Friday's Fave Five - 12/3/21

 

Yes I know, it's Saturday, but I'm sure I'm not the only one having trouble keeping track of the days in this pandemic.  Thankfully Susanne, of Living to the the Story, reminds us every Friday to look back on the week for our five favourite things.  You can find her blog here and see who else is taking part. 

Here are my 5 for this week:

1)  I'm a great Godmother!  Not sure that's actually a thing but our Goddaughter gave birth to a little boy just over a week ago.  He's adorable and although there were concerns beforehand that he might be small he tipped the scales at 6lb 10oz so not too little.  Mother and baby are doing well.

2)  We spent time with Grandsons Rory and Vinny (and their parents) last weekend.  We're still in lockdown but we can provide childcare for them within the rules.  We spent some time indoors but we also went for a walk.

3)  We provided childcare for Rory on Wednesday at our house.  We had his Mummy and brother too but we're all still being careful and avoiding things like busy shops, public transport etc.  It's been so hard keeping to the rules and their family have found it particularly challenging on the days Rory is not at nursery, to have them all in a 2 bedroom flat while Daddy is trying to work at home.

4)   Grandson Nathan is settling at Nursery.  He seems to be enjoying it but the distance from their home is a bit of a challenge.  Fortunately it's only a 10 minute drive from us so we can be on standby if Mummy has a problem getting back from work in time although most days she comes to us to work from home.  Of course their plan was to have moved nearer by now but moving in a pandemic (and with a new baby to consider) is not easy.

5)  I've managed to get out for a walk 4 days this week despite very changeable weather.  Somedays it's been harder than others to motivate myself but I'm pleased to have done it.

All very family orientated this week but it's hard sometimes to find things to write about.  I've just made arrangements to meet up with a friend in the park for a walk next week - we can do this now and even sit on a bench with a hot drink!  Something different to look forward to.

Kids went back to school this week too, with lots of them being tested beforehand and during this week.  Hopefully we won't see another surge in cases.  Numbers have all been going in the right direction recently.  I'm sure many parents were glad to be done with home schooling.

19 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how difficult it must be trying to work from home with children around. I take my hat off to you managing four walks this week. The weather has been awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but my walks are usually only a mile or two and not as challenging as yours lol.

      Delete
  2. The baby is changing so! They grow so fast:) I got outside for walks as much as I could this week. A snowstorm has been building and it's just falling now. We are supposed to get at least a foot. Being able to meet outdoors with friends has been a saving grace these past couple weeks. Looking forward to fair weather again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll be glad when the weather is more settled too.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute picture of your grandsons and husband. So glad you have been able to get out and walk. Good that Grandson Nathan is getting used to his nursery school. Hope you have a good weekend. See again next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading anything family oriented on blogs. Isn't it a blessing to be near enough to family to help out? We had an extra grandson here on Friday because of school closure.
    We got outside for walks four days too. So far, March has been treating us kindly with sunshine and warmer temperatures. I'm hoping it stays this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely glad to be able to help out 2 of ours and also glad that our other son has good in-laws who give his family lots of support.

      Delete
  5. Correction: (as a teacher I MUSt point this out: Homeschooling is NOT what has been happening. It's been REMOTE LEARNING. vastly different. and so difficult for children and teens. We have been in person (special ed preK) since last July but our public schools have been doing a combination of remote and in person. Starting after Spring Break (the week of Easter) almost all NYS schools will be back full time in person. Many are getting vaccines so that's good too.

    Yay for some awesome family time. Your grandboys are adorable!

    I love walks outside all throughout hte year although Feb saw me on the treadmill due to bitter cold temps. It's finally starting to feel like Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you're right Faith, parents have not technically been "Home Schooling" but the remote learning provided by schools has been very mixed. I fully appreciate that schools have been open all through the pandemic and how hard teachers have been having to work. I'm just grateful that I no longer work in a school and therefore not dealing with the logistical nightmares involved with regulations, testing etc.

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    I always enjoy reading about your family. :-)
    So far our March weather has been mild. I do hope it stays that way, I would LOVE an early spring.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, the pictures are so great!! Rory looks so grown up now! Gosh, they grow up fast! Glad you are able to see them and spend time with them!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many challenges for young parents during this ongoing mess. I'm glad you get to see yours though! We have been doing a few things here since the wedding is behind us and we can be outdoors quite a bit. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are all still sitting in the same boat. I talked to Toby on Sunday, he was proud about the results he got at school, only the best !He told me that he would like to come, but the borders are closed. We haven't got the convocation for the vaccin. I am still dreaming of walking outside andsit on a terrace of a cafe and have a nice drink ! I am getting real modest !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vaccine roll out is the only thing our Government seems to be doing well.

      Delete
  10. So nice that you are able to see the grandkids and spend some time being together. Congrats on being a "great Godmother".

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.