Saturday 12 June 2021

Saturday morning - 12/6/21

Looks like it's going to be another hot sunny day here.

I'm sitting at my dining table writing this, looking out onto the garden.  It's quiet in the house (hubby is still in bed) but the birds in the garden are making quite a bit of noise.  I have the patio door open so I can watch them on my bird feeder.

When I first came down this morning I wasn't sure what was  on the feeder at first but a closer look revealed it to be a squirrel.





The cheeky thing was having a good feed from the bird seed.  He would probably prefer the peanuts but they are in a squirrel proof feeder.  He opted for the bird seed instead and was having a really good feed from it until I disturbed him.






Once the squirrel was gone the magpies arrived.  They mainly seemed happy to scavenge the seed dropped on the ground by the squirrel.  There were four of them at one point.  

They've gone now and the pigeons are picking up what's left.

Haven't seen any parakeets yet this morning but there are plenty of them around.

All these big birds means we rarely see any small birds on the feeders but yesterday we had a tiny bird on our kitchen window edge - the window was open at the bottom and it perched there looking like it might come in!  It was obviously young but fledged and too quick for me to get a picture! 

I bought a new water feeder recently and it's been good to see the birds using that too.  

I love having the peace and quiet of the house to myself and watching the birds while I have my first cup of tea of the day.

5 comments:

  1. I have hummingbird feeders and I love watching the little hummingbirds come to hover and feed in the mornings. Great pictures. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the perfect way to start your day! Happy weekend, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I love the quiet of early morning and listening to the birdsong. Not that I can see the birds hiding in the trees or in next door's garden which is much nicer than mine. Went to IKEA yesterday to get a large parasol for the garden. Looks like we are having a bit of a heatwave this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to start my day the same way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to watch the little birds too - and the squirrels and even the bigger birds!
    Happy Bird watching!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.