Susanne at Living to tell the Story reminds us every Friday to look back on the blessings of the week. Here are mine:
1) More time with our eldest son and his family - they didn't head for home until late Sunday afternoon so we had almost 10 days with them. We made sure we got a photo of us with the two Grandsons before they left.
2) They came to replace our damaged window this week - when we had our rear windows replaced recently one of the glass units was damaged. It had to be fitted as they had already taken the old windows out before the damage was noticed. Now the works are complete.
3) Entertaining friends. I had 3 former work colleagues here on Wednesday for a late afternoon tea. It was the first time I'd really entertained in the new house because of all the Covid restrictions. I made a proper afternoon tea with sandwiches, scones with jam & clotted cream and cakes. It was nice to be able to get things like my cake stand out and really entertain. The weather was kind too and we were able to sit in the garden and catch up for hours! We didn't drink much tea though as we continued well into the evening and wine seemed more appropriate.
4) There's a cat in the house. Not permanently - we're cat sitting while my daughter is away.
5) A day with no plans. Today was the first day in what seemed like ages where there was nothing in the diary. No one coming, no where to go, nothing to prepare for. I've had a nice lazy day having a relaxing bath and reading a book. It was raining for most of the day but I did manage to get out for a walk this evening. It was still drizzly but not too wet and the swans were on the lake with their cygnets.
And the bonus for this week was that we celebrated Rory's 3rd birthday on Tuesday. We had a joint celebration with Noah when he was here as there's only 2 weeks between their birthdays but Tuesday was Rory's actual birthday so we had cake and icecream with him when he got back from nursery and enjoyed watching him open his presents.
Have a good weekend all.