Friday 13 August 2021

Friday's Fave Five - 13/8/21


Well it's Friday again so time to look back on the week and list five blessings from the week and then share them over at Susanne's blog: Living to Tell the Story.

It's been a quiet week here due to most of it being spent in isolation but I can still list 5 blessings:

1)  Firstly thanks for all the kind messages left on last week's FFF.  It has been a difficult couple of weeks but I'm happy to report Grandson Miles is much better after his bout of Covid and although his Mummy Amy is still feeling under the weather she is much better than she was this time last week.

2)  The rest of the family, including hubby and me, have all remained Covid free and are now out of isolation.

3)  New glasses.  I picked them up today.

Now I just need to sort out a haircut! (And take better selfies!)

4)  New library books.  I did a lot of reading this past week and although I still have a couple of library books to read I passed the library on the way to the optician so I took back those I'd read and got some new ones.  

5)  Better weather.  We have had so much rain this last week but today stayed dry and was warm but not unbearable hot.

Plus Grandsons Rory and Vinny seem to be having a great time on their holiday, Matt & Amy celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary today 

and hopefully tomorrow we'll see Nathan and Ella and their Mummies.  On Sunday there is a local jumble trail to explore.

Have a good weekend all. 


14 comments:

  1. Wendy, I a so happy to hear the covid virus has vacated the premises and everyone remains well. Scary stuff. I like your new glasses!! Enjoy those grands! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy. So glad your grandson is better and that the rest of the family has remained Covid free. Covid is going up and is a problem here in the states again too. My oldest grandson is also named Miles. Great name. Your new glasses look great. I got new glasses a couple of months ago. I have multiple library books out right now too. Hope you have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Fortunately here one library card works in lots of libraries.

      Delete
  3. I am a little late in reading posts the days go by so quickly and although I am always busy I have the impression to have done nothing. Your new glasses are very nicee and suits you well ! I almost didn't recognize you, I had never noticed that your hair was so grey I am a little in the moon with wall this paper work and dealing with an adult baby !The worst is sometimes he is normal and sudenly not anymore it's difficult to switch for me, but it's already better. I read that your grandson was so sick good that he is better now. When will this dammit virus disappear ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't think this virus is going anywhere anytime soon. We are just going to have to adapt and learn to live with it.

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm happy to hear that Miles is doing well. Happy Anniversary to your son and daughter-in-law~
    You look great in those new glasses.
    Have a good fun grandkid filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First ad most importantly, I’m very happy to hear that your grandson is doing well and Amy continues to improve! I love the new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your new glasses.

    I am continuing to pray that you and all your family are well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. Family are all doing better.

      Delete
  7. So glad the COVID patients are improving and everyone else is COVID-free. Nice glasses! Yay for better weather. Happy anniversary to Matt and Amy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.